Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rocket modding?  (Read 629 times)
Maggot

Typical rocket = detonates on contact with enemy hitbox, but penetrates self and friendlies.  Splash affects self and enemies.
Desired rocket = penetrates enemies, self, and friendlies.  Splash affects self and enemies.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I have no knowledge of modding. :3
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:42:41 PM by bob+M|M+ »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
doubtfull,

giving the damage to both sides, doable, (edit: oops you didnt even say this.. i misread)

but actually making it not hit... would probably require some ghetto coding. ie, checking 1frame before hit, which team its going to hit, then changing it to that team, so it wont hit... which would have some drawbacks... most likely.. (not sure), i'll try it sometime, check what happens and post it here, it might work, might be buggy, or it might not work  ;)

---------------------------

Maggot

Either that or having splash affect teamates.  some way of sending a rocket to someone else, and being able to use that rocket to jump instead of pre-detonating in their face.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
well, i have it working that it can go through the player... however.. thats not good enough... sadly

why>? well.. because apparently valve thought it was a good idea if the rockets could hit guns.... and the gunboats (maybe other stuff aswell, didn't test much more)

so... ye... that kinda sucks

(also, because to make it go through ppl, i swithc the rockets team & make its owner the person it would hit... it ends up being more powerfull for the last person it went through, though i could make it so it reverts to original owner just before exploding)

edit: i'll try and see what i can do with the making damage hit teammates, cos the other way is not gonna work smoothly ever me thinks (although then it's still a problem that projectiles sometimes blow up.. and sometimes not on teammates... so still not ideal :( )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:55:33 AM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Maggot

that indeed does suck. . wish there was an easier way to go about it.  If it's too complicated don't bother with it, some things are just not easy with TF2 coding.  Thanks for testing it out.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC