Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Looking for Jump Auditors  (Read 2462 times)
Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
I am recruiting for new jump auditors.  What this entails is relatively simple. 

The statistics engine automatically flags times that are suspicious based on their length in comparison to both the course difficulty delta value and the top times for the course.  It also compares the given players skill level with the time that was set.  If any of the checks fail an automated e-mail is dispatched to all of the auditors (currently just me).

The auditor may flag the time as false or plausible.  A single flag as false will result in the time being stricken and the false time being recorded in a demerit database.  If a given player submits more than 10 false times, all of their future times are stricken from the database and they receive a ban on Jump iT.

If a server collects more than 10 false times I am notified and I review the server for general character and send a warning to the owner.  If the server continues to stack up false times (25+) they lose the ability to submit times to the global database.

As such a jump auditor has a significant amount of power--they can potentially force most of the servers off the skillsrank global database as well as obliterate other jumpers statistics.

A quick summary of the position:
- You will receive anywhere from 0 to 20 automated e-mails a week regarding potentially false times.
- You can ignore the e-mails if you think another auditor will review the time or if the run time is plausible

I won't take just anyone for this position given the "power" it entails.  To apply just reply with a link your steam profile (and anything else you want to throw in there).

Reasons for not being selected:
1. I don't like you
2. You're a nobody
3. You don't actually set times or care about times
4. You have jumped for such a short duration you could not possibly classify a jump as false or plausible

If selected I'll add you on steam and get some more info from you.
Here's a picture of a cat.  Print it out and give it to someone you've never talked to before.  Make a new friend.  Neat.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:04:24 AM by härd redwine »

---------------------------
▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Soldier

m3thskiLL
DID SOMEONE SAY POWER? POWERRRRRRRRR
http://steamcommunity.com/id/if

"I ought to be chief," said Jack with simple arrogance, "because I’m chapter chorister and head boy." I can sing C sharp.
Jack and Ralph smiled at each other with shy liking. The rest began to talk eagerly
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:47:21 AM by wonderland »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
wow, you did all that in php? cool 8)

also, what if a single player makes 10 false times, would that also mean a server gets a warning? i mean, hell if people went on at like... early morning, there usually aren't any admins around, they could theorectically "destroy" a server all by themselves?

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
I would....but I don't even check my e-mails to begin with. :)

Oh and the cat picture worked, I walked outside, 10 minutes down the road and into the McDonalds. There i met Wayne, after showing him the picture I was asked if I was going to buy something and if not, leave.

I left, Wayne is a prick.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:16:27 AM by Raiin »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Reasons for not being selected:
1. I don't like you
2. You're a nobody
3. You don't actually set times or care about times
4. You have jumped for such a short duration you could not possibly classify a jump as false or plausible

Don't be mean  :'(
Not even the cat can make people forget what you said there

Soldier

m3thskiLL
I would....but I don't even check my e-mails to begin with. :)

Oh and the cat picture worked, I walked outside, 10 minutes down the road and into the McDonalds. There i met Wayne, after showing him the picture I was asked if I was going to buy something and if not, leave.

I left, Wayne is a prick.

Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order
hi, ya, can I get a deep fried cat with fries
?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:29:40 AM by wonderland »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Look at you tickling lizzles pickle back into jumping... well done.

Also I still need to talk back atchoo about what you msged me redwine - after a 3 day tf2 binge I needed a day without touching my computer.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
Cool, I was thinking about asking if anyone was able to something like this the other day. So yeah, I'd be more than happy to help.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007375967/

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Am I missing something obvious here? How are people faking times?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
also, about times
i need to talk to whoever places de checkpoints on the maps.........and that person is?

Fly

I run this shit
also, what if a single player makes 10 false times, would that also mean a server gets a warning? i mean, hell if people went on at like... early morning, there usually aren't any admins around, they could theorectically "destroy" a server all by themselves?

If it's obvious the source of the problem is a single person, a server will be exempt.  The distinction is based on how the bad times are submitted.  As we have several servers now (about 8+) submitting times to the database, a server administrator on any one of these less-mainstram jump servers could install addons to falsify times (teleports, noclip, etc).

On JumpiT and Chillout the only time things get faked is when poles are badly placed or there's a map glitch or teleport room we don't know about (rare).  On the 6+ other servers submitting times we have no direct control of what the server admins do in terms of noclip, teleports, and other server admins.  The servers that do have access have been thoroughly reviewed and their character can be assured but due to their relative distance from tf2jump in terms of contact and monitoring this system was setup a few months ago.

Don't be mean  :'(
Not even the cat can make people forget what you said there

Cool your jets big guy  :-*

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

I run this shit
also, about times
i need to talk to whoever places de checkpoints on the maps.........and that person is?

Lots of different people placed them during the initial setup phase of skillsrank.  It also depends on the server.  For JumpiT a majority were placed by Cranck, rush, conductor, and a few others.  In general talking to me, cranck, or klare will get someone working on it.

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  trauma
Maggot

I would be interested in helping.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trauma_

I speedrun a fair amount and I think most people on JumpIT know me and would vouch for me insofar as people playing an online game can.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:23:49 PM by trauma »

Soldier

If i played more I would, but i dont.....  :'(

also, welcome back W

ALSO deep fried cat is tasty

and if your really need more people let me know, im already on your friends list, so far it seems you have some (as) reputable (as they come for an online game) people volunteered, which is always a good thing

Rocketman

I know of two ways that times can be easily cheated, depends on the way the map is set-up.  The first I think I explained to you on pagoda the other day (my pagoda engineer time is 'cheated' and should be deleted) after testing it myself.

I could post the way to do both methods here if you'd like, or just PM if you don't want them written down in public for people to see.

As for those 1-10s beef times, not sure what method they're using, but obviously not quite real.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC