Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why aren't there more mirrored maps?  (Read 1552 times)
Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
Co-op jumping, design jumps around having another solly helping out with rockets. It's not that hard to make.

make it then ^^

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Touché, Cranck. Started on one like a year ago, but I never finished it.

Soldier

Co-op jumping, design jumps around having another solly helping out with rockets. It's not that hard to make.

make it then ^^

this lol

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
btw, hardest part about coop jump map, would be how to seperate and make the duo's that jump, seeing as if you let everyone into the jumps with other duos, griefing/annoying other ppl and their rockets would be like... omg, even if they didnt actively try to mess with your jumps, the fact that they'd be on the same jump, and the rockets can push you, means annoyance

ofc, could be countered by having each jump like 5x (or more), or just saying fu, just do it when theres only 2 ppl on the servers, but even those solutions aren't really perfectish (since all the potential for griefing and accidental stuff is still there)

not sure how you would go about that really..

also....

Touché, Cranck. Started on one like a year ago, but I never finished it.

finish it then? ^^ (or do like i do, use the stuff from the map to make a new map from)

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Yeah true, didn't even think about that. Do you reckon !hide could be changed so it's selective, like hide everyone except blabla?

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
Besides the major griefing potential, how exactly do you think something like this would work in tf2?
im sure we all have at least one person on our friends list who plays tf2...we just ask them to come into the game and then we do the co-op jumping. its almost like what they did with portal 2 multiplayer...other than there not portals there rockets or sticky bombs :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:17:20 AM by hungrybeaver »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
It could work if the mappers put a bunch of different teleports at spawn all leading to the same course but copied and pasted.  I'm sure you can make the teleport lock once one person on blue and one person on red uses it.  In fact, I have an idea on how to make that work.  That way, only the two people who want to work together can go in the course.  The only thing is, there would have to be a way to unlock the course when someone leaves.  I'm really tempted to fool around with this concept and see how it works.  If someone would be willing to lend a server to have multiple people test the system I came up with, I would be more than happy to try making a map. C:

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
if you made an entire course with co op jumps and copy paste it like 5-10 times (if that many is possible) and then have it so red team and blue team can go into the same jumps (or mod it so blue team can all affect each other idk) and then there you have it...you heard it here first folks co op jumping... THE NEXT BIG THING! :D

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC