Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A thank you to the community  (Read 1581 times)
Maggot

You guys have probably seen me around just a little bit of here and there. But I am posting this as a thank you to the wonderful servers klanana supports (doubt we've even met)
When I first started jumping, I was terrible, I could even understand how to wall jump (except for climbing upwards, but thats just holding w really). But with some support from the community and the wonderful plugins on the server I was able to learn from some amazing jumpers. Now six months later I am able completely finish basic and intermediate maps. Though I still get stuck on some tricky jumps, I just want to put this out there as perhaps some inspiration to the new people.
My greatest suggestion is to really keep practicing. At first you will nearly want to just straight up quit tf2, because you will see people beside you ace the jump you've been trying for the past 20 mins. But if you stick with it you will start to really improve. Technically one of the most important things I had to learn was air strafing. Even though I knew how to slightly do it, it was no where near the extent of what I am doing now.
This is my story of my jumping carreer and I hope to keep practicing and become great enough to full complete those pesky hard maps.
With great thanks,
Freddy_krueger
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:36:58 PM by freddy_krueger »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Hello, there.

I really wish new players would keep trying like you, but most don't...

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketeer

I totally recognize it, but then thanks to W33d for his server :)

Rocketman

Hello, there.

I really wish new players would keep trying like you, but most don't...

!regen on
!bhop
!superman

x has nominated Jump_Beef

Hey guise, rtv plx.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:08:22 AM by Kairu927 »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
This post warmed my heart - I extend your thanks out to all the jump server owners... it's tough to keep them popular and even tougher to please all the jumpers but we do our best!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketeer

i dont care!
ooooh  ;)

dont forget to bring a towel!

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
This post warmed my heart - I extend your thanks out to all the jump server owners... it's tough to keep them popular and even tougher to please all the jumpers but we do our best!

pft, it took me 20 mins to get into jump it yesterday because it was full. :(

:D

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire

If it makes you feel any better I sit and wait just like you guys =D very rarely do I kick people to let myself in

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015

Offline  3Balls
Maggot

Normally, people just rtv when they get stuck on a jump, after trying it 3 or 4 times, glad to see there are people like you.

Fly

2Tired2Pogo

If it makes you feel any better I sit and wait just like you guys =D very rarely do I kick people to let myself in

No you dont kick people, you make other people kick people for you.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Hey people tell me to kick people for them too!

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

At first you will nearly want to just straight up quit tf2, because you will see people beside you ace the jump you've been trying for the past 20 mins.
I thought seeing people destroy the jump I was on first try made me want to jump more, made me want to be that good.  It shows you how good you could be with practice

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
At first you will nearly want to just straight up quit tf2, because you will see people beside you ace the jump you've been trying for the past 20 mins.
I thought seeing people destroy the jump I was on first try made me want to jump more, made me want to be that good.  It shows you how good you could be with practice

Same

First time I joined joe.to jump server dellort was there. I got to the 5th jump on littleman, couldn't figure how to do it and saw dellort go through it a few times. Must have asked him to show me how to do it like 10 times lol.

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

I remember Dino and mixup were the ones who got me into soldier, at that time I was just a babby soldier, had about 10 hrs soldier, almost least played class, then i was all by myself in adventure one day, stuck early on in course 4 as most people were at some point, I swear I was there for hours on end, having dino help me thru the course. Maybe a few months later pretty much spending every moment in jumpIT as I still do, I was able to flawless the map, I was so proud of myself. As I moved onto harder maps I saw people like MIKE, raiin and wonder do insane jumps and was awed, at that point it was my quest to be able to do that. Now here I am with 500+ hours and counting as soldier trying to still improve and get to the level of which some of these great players excel at.

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

i saw raiin pogo on aridia 14 red and was like wtf

then i went to youtube and a video of jump nbn

then 10 mins later i was like that was easy cause im canadian and canada is #1

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC