Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Downclimbing into a pogo  (Read 924 times)
Offline  hobbes
Maggot

I cannot do this for the life of me, I maybe managed to do it twice and it was surely by dumb luck.  I watched so many videos of raiin and wonderland and <insert another pro jumper here> and try to copy what they do but I just can't...does anyone have any tips or is it one of those things that I will just need to keep practicing at? because it seems like I am getting nowhere with it.

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
One wall or two?

Offline  dav
Maggot

hi my friend I am in the same situation as you... not even down a corner  :'(

Offline  hobbes
Maggot

One wall or two?

Both, can't do either.  I fail so bad at them that if I am on a map and get to a downclimb jump, I pretty much cannot advance further into the map.  Then I go watch a youtube video of someone completing the map and the next 3-5 jumps after the downclimb jump I feel like I could most likely do...I just can't get past the downclimb.

Also is "downclimb" the proper term?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Well, there's not a big secret behind it, nor even really a tip to be given.....
Just keep trying

Btw, i think it's called drop pogo

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
One wall or two?

Both, can't do either.  I fail so bad at them that if I am on a map and get to a downclimb jump, I pretty much cannot advance further into the map.  Then I go watch a youtube video of someone completing the map and the next 3-5 jumps after the downclimb jump I feel like I could most likely do...I just can't get past the downclimb.

Also is "downclimb" the proper term?

Downclimb, wallpogo, downward wallpogo it doesn't really have a common name.

And, the best general advice I can give is to go slowly as you're more likely to remain in control doing this. This may mean that you sometimes begin to reclimb the wall, if so, just slowly readjust so you begin to drop again. As you begin to get better you can start to drop faster and more consistently (especially with two walls) but to start just focus on actually getting the pogo going.

To start try for a two wall drop pogo as they are far more forgiving if done right. The aim here is not to push yourself away from the wall too much, which generally means that, for the corner you're dropping in, you are touching both walls at all times - NOTE: You are unlikely to be able to touch both walls all the time but trying to should help maintain a more controlled wall pogo. The simple part of doing this is to always hold 'w' and pressing 'd' when your right is facing a wall. The diffcult part is finding the correct angles for shooting the walls.

I can try to explain this here (and I will) but the best thing is to keep practicing with the goal of dropping down the wall while not pushing yourself away from either of the walls. The angle you want is around 10-20 degrees of center to the left. Another way of putting this is around halfway between the angle you should use when performing a wallclimb from a pogo and aiming dead on at the wall. If you start to climb back up the wall then adjust your aim slightly to the right. If you feel you are falling too fast then try aiming more to the left. The key here is being smooth by making small tweaks as you drop.

When you get better, you'll be able to drop very quickly using two walls and then slow yourself by aiming slightly more left as you get closer to the bottom of the walls.

First get two wall drop pogoing down and then the videos are tutorials on one wall drop pogo should make a bit more sense. The main difference for single wall pogo is you have to be able to adjust far more confidently as you drop down the wall and tap 'd' to stay touching the wall.

Hope this helps you somewhat, and if there's anything I've been unclear on tell me and I'll try to explain it a bit better :).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:41:01 PM by Matti »

Offline  dav
Maggot

Thanks Matti! Gotta try out ur suggestions! ;D

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC