Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Engie Tracker  (Read 1653 times)
Fly

Engie Jump Expert
I was going to post this in the requests thread, but it looks like everything in the requests category is totally dead.

I was wanting to see if there was some way to get score tracking/points for engineer, I know I currently hold a few records for courses completed as engie but have to search my name specifically if I want to see the time because there's no class option.  Probably the only one who cares about this lol.

---------------------------

I like my coffee black, just like my metal.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I was going to post this in the requests thread, but it looks like everything in the requests category is totally dead.

I was wanting to see if there was some way to get score tracking/points for engineer, I know I currently hold a few records for courses completed as engie but have to search my name specifically if I want to see the time because there's no class option.  Probably the only one who cares about this lol.
Well, hiya, Tommy.
Welcome to the forums.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
It would be really cool to be able to search times by engineer class like you can the others, or at least get some kind of point system so I can get past rank 390 lol...unless I just need to play solly or demo.

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
Since the times were logged by the stat engine I can turn on scoring engineer runs but I can't promise much in terms of rank from engineer runs--not really the fastest way to do... anything.

If desired we can implement a scoring curve for engineer, but at the time of system design that was not favored by the community.

▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

I run this shit
I've turned on engineer scoring, when I get home I will create a class banner so that engineer profiles will look normal.

(The scoring is tentative, major opposition will result in changes to engineer scoring)

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Redwine truly is a golden fucking god.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
I really appreciate it, I don't really have many people to compare times with but one day...lol.  The idea of a curved point system sounds cool and all, but it probably wont get a very nice reception as there are a lot of people who don't believe engie jumping takes much skill so I would shy away from that...for the moment at least.

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
This is more a question than request, two questions really.  Do runs with regen on, specifically health, count for any points?  There is like one or two maps where the regen stop me cold lol, so I figured it was worth figuring out.  Second question is where the scoreing system for engineer is comming from, didn't notice the difficulty rateing untill recently and was interested.

Would love an engie banner, and really appreciate you turning the scoring on.  Thank you.

Fly

I run this shit
This is more a question than request, two questions really.  Do runs with regen on, specifically health, count for any points?  There is like one or two maps where the regen stop me cold lol, so I figured it was worth figuring out.  Second question is where the scoreing system for engineer is comming from, didn't notice the difficulty rateing untill recently and was interested.

Would love an engie banner, and really appreciate you turning the scoring on.  Thank you.

The scoring system does count regen runs but they received scaled value, significantly lower than a regen-less run.  The difficulty rating that appears in-game was designed by Cranck and isn't the most accurate, it is based on the times of other runs set by the same class on that map.

The scoring system for ranking players online uses course difficulty when scoring players and uses an alternative algorithm that ranks maps based on the average length of all runs on that map modulated by the length of the courses.  That course difficulty value is never displayed (it wouldn't make much sense or mean anything to most people anyways unless you looked at the values of numerous maps).

Working on an engie banner--I lost my PSD so I might have to make one from scratch.

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

I run this shit

Done.

▮ iT Lead Administrator

Fly

Engie Jump Expert
You kick so much ass, didn't expect anything so fast, thanks...now people can see what's comming for them lol.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC