Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Double/Triple/Quad/Wall jump ? (not sure of the correct name !) help please  (Read 907 times)
Maggot

Hi, I'm freddy_krueger and I am new to jumping :D I have played many surf maps in the past, (can make it to the end on most intermidiate maps). My friend recently suggested for me to try jump maps. Well now I am in love with them. After playing on them for about 2 weeks I have got everything down, pogo, vertical wall jumps, and I do the INCORRECT way of wall jumping.

My way of wall jumping is that I start with a normal Rocket Jump, but from there I aim at the wall, hold "w" and position my rockets so that I go in the right direction. This technique allows me to get past the whole first 3 stages of Jump_Adventure. However on the 4th one (advanced/expert), where you have the long narrow hallway (and you have to make it through the door-like hole).

Please note I am not talking about the Tall walls in which you just hold "w" and shoot your rockets to go up. I am talking about the ones where it is horizontal. (The jumps like on Stage 3, Part 1 and Part 2 of Jump_adventure)

I am wondering if any of you have a step by step guide of how to properly do wall jumps? I know you are supposed to be looking forward the whole time and then press the correct strafe key to go back to the wall, but I am not sure of what other keys I might need to be presssing (besides crouch !)? It would be most helpful if someone made a video of themselves doing it, then doing a voice over of their step by step process of how they did it

I have searched you tube over and over for it, yet I can find no tutorials on this type of jump.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

First off, never hold w unless you are wallpogoing/going up vertical only walls.  Second, pretty much what you are going to do is strafe back into the wall after you shoot.  I can't really explain what keys to press exactly, it's easier to show than explain.  But you are only going to be using A and D.  Just join the jump server, turn !skeys on, then spectate someone who is walljumping or ask them to and watch how and when they press the keys.  Maybe someone else could explain it better in words.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC