Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TF2 Recording Guide  (Read 4120 times)
Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
So I tried out lawena with virtual dub and a 5 second clip was around 200mb, please tell me Im doing something wrong.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

So I tried out lawena with virtual dub and a 5 second clip was around 200mb, please tell me Im doing something wrong.
Then you encode it from a video editor like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere to get it down to like 5mb.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

that's kinda wrong, you used pretty low settings right?

cause if i recall 1080p120fps 2 sec clip is about 1gb

Rocketman

Sounds about right for low fps.  You only need 30-60 if you're doing youtube only.  Regardless a run of a map is going to need like 100gb of space.

What lawena does is take a 1920x1080 (or whatever res you're at) high quality image, X times per second.  The more fps you have, the more images you get. And these images are big.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
yup,
for map runs and small frag clips i just go 720p30fps
it saves you a lot of time and space

Rocketeer

Then you encode it from a video editor like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere to get it down to like 5mb.
You can also use H.264

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
I have used Lawena in the past but only for short videos, I'm rending some longer gameplay now and I would like to know what is the best way to make the file small while keeping quality. I use camtasia now for its simplicity (and vegas looks choppy while editing). A 3 minute video at around 70% quality is 150MB and doesn't look great anymore. ( /watch?v=q0wPHiO1zCk )
For reference a 3 minute video that is 150 MB file takes over 3 hours to upload to youtube and I don't particularly want to leave it uploading overnight.

Sidenote: Is the main page taking 5 minutes to load for anyone else or is it aussie internet...

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
I used lawena/virtual dub to make this short vid, then I fucked up the quality in vegas somehow.

Me taking on a guy who tried to 2v1 me. Happy ending.
Trouble In Bballit

apparently someone also made a bball vid, but mine isn't remotely close to a frag movie, just testing some clips
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:04:40 PM by Exile »

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC