Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Official Democall  (Read 2692 times)
Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
   I'm going to make a new movie, the progress will be really slow though, since I'm working 10 hours a day all summer :\ (starting next week probably).

After Tears In Rain I think we've pretty much hit the skill ceiling for rocket/sticky jumps, so instead of difficulty I'm looking more for creative jumps. Experiment, try using the wrangler, caber, liberty launcher, two people, three people, no people, whatever works and looks cool. You can also send in cool frags in regular game play, as long as they include jumping in some form (eg. double rj to medic kill using mantreads). I've also messaged a few people about possibly including surfing in this movie.

The format is a little stricter this time around to keep the demos more organized. You must name the demo class_tick_map_type, where class is the class the jump is done by (use "multi" if it's more than one person), tick is the approximate tick that the jump takes place, map is the map it is done on, and type is the type of demo (Point of View or SourceTV). YOU MUST RECORD BOTH A POV AND STV DEMO WITH AT LEAST 500 TICKS BEFORE AND AFTER THE JUMP.

If you need a server to use for multi-person jumps, we can close off JumpiT occasionally for recording. Also, I'd prefer you try to do jumps on official maps. If you're going to use custom maps, try to pick the most recent version, and hopefully a map that is textured. For now I'm setting the deadline for July 25th, however the mapping contest ends at a similar time so I might end up extending it a little if needed. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:09:52 PM by dellort »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
If you need to close off jumpit try to coordinate during non-peak hours... dont really wanna bring down a full server! But that place is 100% there for you guys if you need it.

And <3333 dellort for this!

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Conductor said we can probably use another server most of the time.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

If anybody has an idea for a multi-person jump and needs a grunt to fire rockets at them, feel free to hit me up whenever and I'll help out.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Why is it that you need both PoV and STV demos? Isn't stv enough?

Offline  A+
Maggot

Hello Gents ..

Thanks Dellort for this move .. and I got quite few ideas :]

however, I got some questions:

YOU MUST RECORD BOTH A POV AND STV DEMO
isn't it the same when I record at stv?

it's gonna be awesome movie :]

Cya :]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:18:16 AM by A+ »

"If you stand for Nothing .. you will fall for Anything"

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

POV demos give you more options for third person views and angles, and they allow smoothing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:35:57 PM by dellort »

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

I'll  do my best at getting some.  Are you accepting jumps from any class?  (i.e. engi, medic)  And about the having to record both types.  So we have to record one source tv demo and one non source Tv demo, meaning we have to record the jump twice?  Something tells me this is common sense and I am going to look stupid for asking this.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

You can record both types of demos at the same time. Start up a server, type "tv_enable 1". Reload the map, then type "tv_record jump" and "record jump". Leave at least 500 ticks before and after the jump, once you've recorded it type "stop" and "tv_stoprecord". That's it..

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

MOVIE POSTPONED UNTIL STV DEMOS ARE FIXED. I didn't realize the update had broken them. :\

Offline  Fribe
Maggot

Play hard, go pro? =3
Okay, okay i recorded 2 demos buuuuut.. valve f*cked up stv and none can play them....damnit

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
MOVIE POSTPONED UNTIL STV DEMOS ARE FIXED. I didn't realize the update had broken them. :\

so.....that's why the demos i recorded where giving error......

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Was just wondering whether they will fix this or not, seeing as we got replays to play with now I mean. Does anyone know?

Offline  A+
Maggot

Gentlemen :]

STV fixed now:
- Fixed a bug with playback of SourceTV demos

I have a question though:
when we perform the jump with 2 or three people ..
should we all (two, or three of us) record the POV demo? or just me?

Regards :]

"If you stand for Nothing .. you will fall for Anything"

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Gentlemen :]

STV fixed now:
- Fixed a bug with playback of SourceTV demos

I have a question though:
when we perform the jump with 2 or three people ..
should we all (two, or three of us) record the POV demo? or just me?

Regards :]

I'd like a POV demo from everyone, that way I can smooth around any of the three players. I'm making a video for the WinOut editing contest for the next week or so, but feel free to start recording now.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC