Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Points for map completion?  (Read 1478 times)
Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

IMO the ranking should give a couple points for just reaching the end checkpoint of the map even if you don't have a timer active. Should be less than a timed run obviously, and should disable if you use noclip or something (is that possible to do?)

Not sure how feasible that is, I wouldn't want to introduce anything that would let somebody exploit it for points without actually doing the map. But it seems like nobody actually does timed runs, making the rankings kinda off... I mean, I'm #16 overall and #6 on jumpit while I can name 20 people on jumpit alone better than me.

---------------------------

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
is a fun idea... but... i have no idea yet how to stop people from exploiting it on maps which have tps to the end jump/tprooms

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
is a fun idea... but... i have no idea yet how to stop people from exploiting it on maps which have tps to the end jump/tprooms
well....to prevent that just use the same method as in the speedruns. people get points by getting to the end, but need to go thru some checkpoints

also, no points for pyro ofc (medic is okay)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

well....to prevent that just use the same method as in the speedruns. people get points by getting to the end, but need to go thru some checkpoints

also, no points for pyro ofc (medic is okay)

Of course. Honestly I'd be happy to see pyro gone from the servers but that's another issue. Pisses me off SO much when some noob joins, does the whole map as pyro, says the map is too easy, and then rtvs.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I think anyone should create a poll, so that if the people are intrested, you could start scripting it

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
no... cos i still haven't gotten an awnser,

you see, if i make ppl go by the checkpoints, then i'll have to have them start somewhere, in which case i see no reason why it wouldn't simply be a speedrun since thats how it works anyhow...

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC