Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skip, Advanced Wallpogo and Speedpogo the jumping trinity!  (Read 1826 times)
Maggot

Hi guys, im here today to ask the supreme assistance on the hardest things to learn in jumping.
Im days to come, i'll start teaching some people how to jump, but, as you can see, im not a true master.
There are many things that i can't do really well, but only 3 of them i do at benginners luck, and these are the skip jumps, wallpogo and the speedpogo.
I think it would be nice of you that are the most fasbulous jumpers to name some maps to be praticing heavily and some good old fashioned hints.

Maps like jump_ice_v4 arent made for soldier so i can't do it, there is no regen on it.

Thanks in advice.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:15:36 PM by sovietdrunk »

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Hi guys, im here today to ask the supreme assistance on the hardest things to learn in jumping.
Im days to come, i'll start teaching some people how to jump, but, as you can see, im not a true master.
There are many things that i can't do really well, but only 3 of them i do at benginners luck, and these are the skip jumps, wallpogo and the speedpogo.
I think it would be nice of you that are the most fasbulous jumpers to name some maps to be praticing heavily and some good old fashioned hints.

Maps like jump_ice_v4 arent made for soldier so i can't do it, there is no regen on it.

Thanks in advice.

For skip jumps, load up some jump_hopstep (I think the full name is jump_hopstep_a3? not sure) and do your best. That map is absolutely insane, I can only get about halfway. But it's the only map out there (except for Matti's map that just came out, which is even *harder*) that focuses on speedshot/skip jumps specifically. Alternatively, just pick any random map (even something like badlands) and just dick around for a while trying to land some good speedshots.

For wallpogo, best way to practice is to get regen working on a demo map and do your best. I'm not sure how to enable regen on a local server, but you can do a ghetto version with the 99 rockets per clip script (found somewhere on this site, I'm too lazy to look) combined with hurtme -99999.

In terms of technique for the two:

Speedshots -- Fire a rocket the instant you hit the ground to propel yourself forward. The faster you're going, the further ahead of your feet you need to aim, so that the rocket explodes just slightly behind your feet (if you're travelling quickly you accomplish this by aiming about 45 degrees forwards of straight down).

Wallpogo -- Good luck? Best tip I can give that took me like two months to realize is that the best angle to wallclimb is aiming about 45 degrees left of center and about 10 degrees forward of straight down. This angle will then get adjusted based on which way you want to go and how fast you're moving. If you've never done any wallpogo before, first learn how to wallclimb from a pogo -- this is the easiest technique. To make it easier find place where you have a wall on your left and use that as a barrier so you can just hold w while climbing instead of tapping d also. From there, figure out how to downpogo on a corner, then wallpogo across a wall, then downpogo on one wall. If you can manage a downpogo into a wallclimb on a random wall you can do any pogo jump.

---------------------------

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC