Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The jump dump thread  (Read 2021 times)
Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Hola again, dear gents and ladies.

Even though I said that the map should be passed around it didn't seem to have that many benefits. It would be cool, sure, but it's also bound to mess up somewhere down the line. So letting one guy do the copy paste is probably for the best. Drexen (is credit to team) has agreed to glue the jumps together and we just post them here when we're done with them. Oh, and about the start/end corridor/tele, add neither, Drexen will do that.

So construct your jump the best you can, design it, texture it, test it, take it out for dinner and post only when you think it's good enough. You can prolly post the bsp before the vmf though and let others test it as well, if you're not sure about your jump.

Sorry if anyone really wanted the pass around thing, but there just didn't seem to be that many upsides, your jumps will still be the same. And the order of jumps can still be the same it would as if we had passed the map around (though that might not be a good idea).

Edit: There will be two courses. One demo and one solly. So do jumps for either of them, or for both.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:15:13 PM by Hadokk »

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

P.S. If you are using custom textures i need the texture files + its directory, e.g. tf/materials/mytextures/...
and also, remember not to make the jumps to massive!

Oh also, when you think the jumps is finished, just post the vmf here or send me a link/pm me.

Submitted Jumps
Soldier - 9

Matti - 2
Hadokk - 1
X_DIAS - 1
CrancK -  3
Matt - 2

Demo - 6

X_DIAS - 1
CrancK - 2
Matt - 2
Hadokk - 1
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:34:33 PM by Drexen »

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

If I have an idea for a jump but can't map worth shit can somebody make it for me?  :P

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
ofc

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

and as for a deadline, i'll just wait and see how many jumps get made.

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
Made 2 jumps for this, 1 semi-detailed, the other just textured (can't be bothered to do more and I want to get back to soar).

-The first is a triple out of the water into a roofslide+rocket to a skip to the end.
- The second is a double off the floor into a double on the opposite wall.

Both quite hard jumps but that's what I do :).

BSP: -removed- (If anyone wants to test them, see if I missed anything).

I'll send the vmf. to you Drexen soonish once I finish polishing them up. Feel free to mess around with the lighting (it's fairly horrific at this point ::)).
Oh and there may be a missing overlay (will show up as purple and black) on the second jump so just ignore that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:52:53 PM by Matti »

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Just tried them a tiny bit, mainly because I'm tired as fokk atm :p The water triple was fun and the double double looked really nice.

img  rush
Made 2 jumps for this, 1 semi-detailed, the other just textured (can't be bothered to do more and I want to get back to soar).

-The first is a triple out of the water into a roofslide+rocket to a skip to the end.
- The second is a double off the floor into a double on the opposite wall.

Both quite hard jumps but that's what I do :).

BSP: http://www.mediafire.com/?fr3x6vd5m4y3hv8 (If anyone wants to test them, see if I missed anything).

I'll send the vmf. to you Drexen soonish once I finish polishing them up. Feel free to mess around with the lighting (it's fairly horrific at this point ::)).
Oh and there may be a missing overlay (will show up as purple and black) on the second jump so just ignore that.

Soar? That map sounds semi familiar. I wonder what happened to that map!

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Psst, peeps! I know x_dias and cranck are working on the jumps of theirs, but is anyone else? There were some of you guys that seemed interested in the other thread. Just want to knowow. 8]

Soldier

Very carefully
I had some ideas that redwine might map if he's unlazy enough

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i'm like, 90% done with my solly jump, but 0% on demo jump... + i'm prolly not gonna make my demojump as detailed as the solly one, cos it just takes too much time, so all in all, my jumps should be ready soon-ish

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
There ya go

2 jumps
1st one is soldier, then noclip to your left to get to the demo one

also, you'll see a missing texture.....but you would not even think i would pack it for you would ya?
were you see pink and black squares, imagine green radioactive water

SPOILER WARNING

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1q3htr3fl7oncc9/jump_collab_xdias_spoiler_test.rar

img  rush
Psst, peeps! I know x_dias and cranck are working on the jumps of theirs, but is anyone else? There were some of you guys that seemed interested in the other thread. Just want to knowow. 8]

I'm slowly making a couple, but between JA, and other various things I have to do throughout the day it's just going to be slow. :P

Maggot

Raptorbones / Hobbes / Telewizard
I'm starting this weekend

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Need more jumps, people. 8]

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC