Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Collab map  (Read 1477 times)
Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Was gonna write a long inspiring text here that would've made everyone super interested, but then I would have to take responsibility for it to actually happen so I'm just going to throw the idea out here instead. Also inspiring as my texts usually are, I'm mighty tired so it prolly would have been lame, kinda how it is now.

How about a collab map? Someone starts by creating a jump, send the map to the next guy and he adds another one and so forth. Maybe this is kind of what you dooodes did with jump_junk, but this time each one adds his textures and design the jump to his/her liking. Yes, the map will prolly be ugly as hell, but there are plenty of jump maps that already are on a level of their own when it comes to uglyness. coughONIONcough

Well, that's all of my not so inspiring text. Anyone up for it?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:15:22 PM by Hadokk »

img  rush
jump_junk_a<whatever> is a collab map. Has stuff from Raiin, Dr. Whoo, <insert the other names I have forgotten> and Myself. SPEAKING OF WHICH WHOO WE WANT A FINAL!

Soldier

Well... its half done... there are 32ish jumps to reorganize (demo side). The soldier ones are all done though... and honestly I dont know when/if ill get back to it.. just been busy and not really into it lately.

If someone (that I know, or at least ppl know in general) is interesting in reorganizing and giving it some basic textures and adding CPs... thats really all that needs to be done still... add me up on steam.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
he means something a bit different...

1 full detailed jump each, then you send the map on to the next person.
i think the part where each jump would have a different style (visually) would be kinda cool

junk is a collab map but not really the same as his idea ////reading comprehension
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:04:44 PM by wonderland »

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

sure, i'd add some jumps to the map.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
And name it what?

jump_tf2jump ?
jump_collab ?
jump_hadokkgavetheideaforthismapandsowemadeit ?

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Spot on, wonder 8]

@Drexen. Cool, do you want to start the map or should I?

@x_dias. Thought of jump_collab, yes. But it's whatever really, since it's collab everyone should decide.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

get some other people interested first hadokk

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
count me in

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

I don't know jack about mapping, but you guys should do every jump in it's own spot in space with start and end teleporters, rather than trying to connect everything. Makes it easy to re-order stuff if needed.

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I don't know jack about mapping, but you guys should do every jump in it's own spot in space with start and end teleporters, rather than trying to connect everything. Makes it easy to re-order stuff if needed.

Wasn't that what hadokk suggested?

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Doesn't matter really. If you make the jump with an opening corridor and a corridor after the jump we could connect them to each other later. But a starting and an end tele is fine too. Corridor maps are way cooler though :p

Oh, and the map might not be passed around. Rather just send the jump to one guy, prolly me, and he/she/I will paste the crap together. Passing around is cool, but I dunno, you might need a deadline to finish the jump or so just so people wont lose interest while waiting for the map to be passed to them.

Whatcha think, pass around map maybe with a deadline or just send to one guy who will copy paste?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:58:43 AM by Hadokk »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
1st one
with limited time ofc

Soldier

m3thskiLL
imo pass it around. its a nice idea & if it doesnt work well someone can always take over.
put a number at the end like jump_whatever_1 and just count up everytime someone adds to the map.
should be easy to start, just make a jump and pass it.

jump_mix maybe?

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Okay, can try to pass around. Still doesn't stop peeps from creating the jump before they get the map. About the name of the map it's whatever, I think x_dias started on a jump already so he's likely to be done with his jump first. He can maybe give it a matching name, and if it sucks we'll rename it ^^

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC