Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: help a newbie  (Read 2215 times)
Maggot

new to jumping, learned basic jumps. got any tips for a newbie like myself?

Soldier

best tip i got for ya is go watch the tut utube vids, start jumping, and when ya get frustrated or tired, spec other peeps with !skeys if the server has it... main focus would just be to jump.. and ask questions on ppl who are just chilling if you got one.. usually ppl are more then happy to show ya how a jump is normally done

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

best tip i got for ya is go watch the tut utube vids, start jumping, and when ya get frustrated or tired, spec other peeps with !skeys if the server has it... main focus would just be to jump.. and ask questions on ppl who are just chilling if you got one.. usually ppl are more then happy to show ya how a jump is normally done

This. Often there's 5-6 people in spec just hanging out, either because they've finished the map and are bored or because they're stuck on a jump and are bored. Either way they're probably willing to show you how to do an earlier jump.

---------------------------

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

I often am helping people in Jump It.  I don't "have a life" i guess and basically jump all the time.  But a lot of the time i end up helping people as long as they fucking listen and don't ignore everything you are saying.  I can't really help with wall jumping and wallpogo but i can help with most stuff.  Just not the best quality advice you would get from the better jumpers.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Diddy, you need to suit up in the grand tuxedo of self-esteem. This attitude of yours just won't cut it.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

MY ADVICE IS THE BEST ADVICE YOU CAN GET AND YOU BETTER FUCKING APPRECIATE HOW GOOD MY ADVICE IS CAUSE I AM THE BEST ADVICE GIVER ON THE PLANET!
that tuxedo worked :)

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Awesome!

Offline  Savory
Maggot

Speccing people helps a lot.  Get behind someone good and cycle to the 1st person view with spacebar.

Offline  sunny
Maggot

I really need a guide for double jumping

i search on youtube but have some comment said a video guide it so suck

not good as Pharadox ...

So I really need help to make me begin semi-pro jumper :D

thank you so much

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
I guess you mean double rocket. There's not much to it. You rocket jump at the same time, or a split second earlier, the first rocket you shot touch ground. You just gotta practice it. Either do a jump like pagoda 5, where you often watch the rocket before it lands. Or if you just want to get the timing down, then go to a large wall, like jump_kilo's first tower. Any high wall is good really. Climb up the wall with three rockets, wait til' you fall a bit, fire a rocket. Land. Shoot. Win.

TF2 rocket jumping: the ultimate tf2 rocket jumping tutorial I HD

Go to 4:30 in the video.

Offline  sunny
Maggot

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/120543

this is the map I am trainning :)

i'm stuck at lvl 3 begin because i'm newbie

area 3 : rocket triple jumping ---> jump 3 times on a long wall ---->need hug wall but I don't know how to hug wall -.- I try and fail when jump at the third

thank you for the video

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

I hate that fucking map.  It's so bad. 
Best maps for beginners imo is Adventure (I also hate that map) Pretty much has everything except synchs (there is one but it is really bad)  And the map is also very easy (not that training isn't) so it doesn't just crush your self esteem and make you feel like shit even if you are new. 
Also, what is your native language?  I ask this because maybe one of the other jumpers speaks it and you could ask them for help specifically (hopefully they would be willing to).  It would be easier to explain stuff to you and for you to understand if it's in your native language I would assume.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:36:28 PM by DiddyKong FTW »

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
Beef and Adventure are good beginner maps, even though we stay on them for years. Beef has basic syncing in the intermediate course, so you can cover most of the basics in that map. Adventure is really mostly about basic rocket jumping and wall jumping, and a lot of pogo, especially. Some minor wallpogo elements, too, but not a lot. Master these maps, and then try a few harder ones. I think rj training is an okay map, but it's really not a map I'd find myself training on. Slowly rising in difficulty and mastering skills one at a time is something I think is effective. Just take it slowly and steadily. You'll get it in time.

Offline  sunny
Maggot

I hate that fucking map.  It's so bad. 
Best maps for beginners imo is Adventure (I also hate that map) Pretty much has everything except synchs (there is one but it is really bad)  And the map is also very easy (not that training isn't) so it doesn't just crush your self esteem and make you feel like shit even if you are new. 
Also, what is your native language?  I ask this because maybe one of the other jumpers speaks it and you could ask them for help specifically (hopefully they would be willing to).  It would be easier to explain stuff to you and for you to understand if it's in your native language I would assume.

thank you so much !

I'm from Vietnam and I can understand a little english :)

Beef and Adventure are good beginner maps, even though we stay on them for years. Beef has basic syncing in the intermediate course, so you can cover most of the basics in that map. Adventure is really mostly about basic rocket jumping and wall jumping, and a lot of pogo, especially. Some minor wallpogo elements, too, but not a lot. Master these maps, and then try a few harder ones. I think rj training is an okay map, but it's really not a map I'd find myself training on. Slowly rising in difficulty and mastering skills one at a time is something I think is effective. Just take it slowly and steadily. You'll get it in time.

I'll down beef and adventure map to trainning :)

thank you for help

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

rj_training is a deceptively difficult map, there are some jumps I can barely do and one that I'm nearly sure requires a ctap.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC