Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So uhhh  (Read 684 times)
Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

How do slopes work?  Like when  you are jumping and then ride up one and launch off it.  Do you just run into it and it should work?  Cause that doesn't seem to be working.  Thought maybe I was doing it wrong.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

Very carefully
hit it going fast enough and you should slide on it

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

hit it going fast enough and you should slide on it

Pretty much this. Also you have to hit it from a low-ish angle, if you just drop down on top it won't work.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Does it work on things with like stair textures.  I wasn't sure if they were different from normal flat slopes besides the way they look.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Does it work on things with like stair textures.  I wasn't sure if they were different from normal flat slopes besides the way they look.

It works on them, like the stairs at the sides of badlands mid.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Yeah like that.  Okay so i guess I am just fucking terrible.  Thanks :)

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
It only works on stairs if they have a playerclip brush over them... In which case you are sliding on a ramp of playerclip not the stairs which are purely decorative. Stairs which aren't playercliped are  bumpy when you walk up them slowly and you cannot ramp slide on them. Only some valve employees playerclip their stairs so you'll have to check before you try ramp slideing.

As for the angle, if you are moving too parallel to the ramp then you will stick to it. In order to slide you have to go into the ramp at an angle slightly above horizontal, the closer you are to the horizontal the more speed you will have on the ramp. The problem here comes when you speedshot or speed pogo too close to the ramp and you are still going up as you hit it.

Keep trying though, it's fun once you get it right (maybe try jump_rook's ramp slide jumps for practise). :)

EDIT: You also have to be going quite fast :).

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC