Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Chillout needs maintenance  (Read 484 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

A bit of a wall of text, but I think chillout is in need of maintenance. It also seems like more admins need access to the FTP to make these changes since currently its only w33d/light/kapu (all not too active, but thx light for adding all the missing maps last week).

• Remove same team player collisions.
  • Possibility to remove rocket/sticky particle explosions.
  • Map voting needs a lot of work. Having additional info such as which class each map is for, the difficulty of the map, then possibly more info like the number of times the map has been played. People still constantly just vote '4' to get rid of the thing with no thought into the next map they want to play.
  • Spend time to remove pointless plugins. There are loads of random messages that show on the server, and also plenty of obsolete plugins around.
  • Improve/fix some of the admin commands. As far as i know banning players has been removed, and some times the short durations bans are required. Also fixing the gag plugin so people cant spam the chat, and maybe having it possible to gag for a certain time. One other thing is sound banning, i think the only way to soundban someone is to use the command, but i've no idea what it is.
  • Maybe remove really old, or really shit maps from the server rotation (but still have it possible to !nominate them if people really want to play it. Since people just vote thoughtlessly, the server ends up on really old/shit maps and everyone leaves until the map changes again.
  • Other possible things that could be changed is about the large amount of custom content you have to download. Me personally, i love it, but many people hate downloading it (even though they can just turn off custom content downloading). It might be worth removing more of the saysound, music, and models and having them as manual downloads like some of the old music on the server. Another strange thing is having to download the same map_particles.txt for every single map on the server. Idk what its for but it seems really pointless and is just more files you have to download.

Would be great to see any of this being done, also interesting to hear what other people would like to see change on it.

Edit: I've no idea what the state of the speedrun plugin is, would be good to hear about how its working (or not) on chillout currently, and how many maps are needing it setup...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:33:18 AM by Drexen »

Offline  adrian
Fly

isnt the sound ban command just sm_soundban xx>?
agreed about someone else having ftp access though since kapu almost never plays anymore. theres an argument for quba getting it i'd say
and there's definitely a way to remove maps from circulation and make them exclusively 'nominatable' - pretty sure its been done with some of the really old maps like skyscraper etc although these are only able to be nominated by admins (not sure what kind of access you need)

---------------------------

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
The !nominate should bring up an alphabetical list of maps.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i think the explosions should only be removed if it can be an option (though i think iirc, the optional way to do it is through clientside? like replacing the effect file or the reference to it?)

-same player collisions remove, all for
-map voting improvements, all for
-removing obsolete/redundant plugins sure, but how to decide what is and isn't needed/wanted?
-gag would be nice, but the reason it doesnt work atm is because another plugin is already changing the textoutput of ppl, so that might be hard to "fix"
-soundban works already iirc, tho not sure if it was sm_soundban or some more esoteric command
-maps should all stay on server, though i guess you could put rickler jump and some other silly ones (+freestyle or practice maps) on nominate only, since they kindof interrupt normal play
-as for less content, me i really like it + as you said ppl can just block it, as far as making it manual download, i'm not sure that is possible or not... so ye.. dunno
-as for who could get ftp, quba seems like a proper choice if he wants, oldest active eu player i think

then as far as i know w33d updated skillsrank when i made the fix to the 2560 regged ppl limit, and it's working?
not entirely sure how else it should/could be working or was expected to?

as for maps that need setting up, theres a huge ass influx of new maps lately, and i'll admit i'm a bit slow on putting m in db, though to my defense; for most maps i have no idea if they are final or not and i won't put courses on maps that are still being developed (cos doubles in db)

Though whenever anyone asks me to make a course i will (provided the map is on and i'm actually around to hear/see ppl ask me)

So ye, for the most part i agree
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:26:59 AM by CrancK »

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

then as far as i know w33d updated skillsrank when i made the fix to the 2560 regged ppl limit, and it's working?
not entirely sure how else it should/could be working or was expected to?

It works fine on the gettingcarried server. Jump iT/ Jujump iT and chillout just need to update to the fixed version.

Offline  LighT
Fly

im walkin on sunshine !
soundban command : sm_sound_ban "name"

remove old maps ? why ? they just can rtv if they dont want to play it
and as you said if they dont want to download our custom shit they can disable it i dont see why we should change it then
about the map updating just talk to me or w33d and the map will be uploaded im not a man that lurks around in forums that much
i'll talk with w33d about the rest

and quba for ftp ? no i dont want it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:36:38 AM by LighT »

Rocketeer

i dont care!
okay...

iam really dont understand what you all fucking want.
be happy this server still on after 7 years !
i know iam not active like years ago so iam not 24/h for you there!
I HAVE 4 FUCKING DIFFERENT JOBS!
but whos care i like my jobs so i dont need to cry :)

now to drex:

1. give me a plugin for removing Teamcollisions? only with valve cvar dont work we tryed so much times, so use !hide or search a plugin on alliedmods.

2. Remove explosions ? I CAN OFC! AND I DID! but there are PPL wich dont want that! so remove it self. There is a tut from me in forum Other Tutorials pffff.

3.(Having additional info such as which class each map is for) WTF!? think some years back do we having this Prob? NO? and why ? because we player everyday and know everymap so i dont fucking care about this.

4. there no probs with so much plugins so whos care ? u can use chat filter for server messages if you dont like it to see...........

5. no comment.......

6. already did to much but something. last time i removed something ppl comming in forum and cry where is the map. SO i can post here the map list and you all can vote what to remove whats so hard ?

7. to the custom stuff ... there are not so much models and skyboxes as you think or sounds.
    Models maybe 50mb, Skyboxes idk 20mb and Sounds maybe 150mb (other sounds which are something      with 2 gb you can dl from forum with a Link) atleast i need maybe for all this 5 mins to DL.
   ppl who want really to connect the server they will wait or disable the dl byself so whats the problem ?
  and about particles downloading everytime i think thats a prob by client not from server, we already dis this some months ago who some ppl need download the things everytime if connecting.

8. About skillsrank : I HAVE UPDATET THE NEW VERSION WHICH CRANCK GIVED TO ME, maybe i did wrong but i dont think so, you can give me the dl link and i will check again.

9. (nominate should bring up an alphabetical list of maps) I GIVE YOU THE LIST make it if you have time i dont have it sorry.

and at least 10. QuBA for ftp? its not the prob i trust him  but you all think its so easy if now a new map comming out just uploaded and thats is.. me need 10 mins everytime for uploaded and create+editing old cfgs and iam know what to do, so think how long one will need for this which dont know how. HE CAN LEARN OFC only if he want to do this all work but i dont thinks so. IS THERE MAYBE NEW DB + NEW databases.cfg with new name and pw? if you so how i could know that ? i read maybe 2-3 weeks ago from redwine there will be new db with logins. i have send him a pm and no answer SO FUCK IT i dont care about this. i have no time to nevers anyone everyday and search  for things ... do it byself and send me the link if you want it.

sorry about that (maybe) hard text but u know who you are who we are and what chillout is....
if you want something new or fix send me a pm at steam or where ever and i will do it.

and how i say every time

SEE YOU IN HELL and DONT FORGET TO BRING A TOWEL. THANKS  :P

YOUR STUPIDO

Offline  Guyyst
Fly

i never tried so hard to understand a text

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
i never tried so hard to understand a text

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
timmeeey

Rocketeer

It appears, it's just too much help for w33d to handle on it's own, he's just too busy.
So I guess someone need to do it for him...
 ???

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
IS THERE MAYBE NEW DB + NEW databases.cfg with new name and pw? if you so how i could know that ? i read maybe 2-3 weeks ago from redwine there will be new db with logins. i have send him a pm and no answer SO FUCK IT i dont care about this. i have no time to nevers anyone everyday and search  for things ... do it byself and send me the link if you want it.

New db sounds interesting... so who will step up to the plate and help out papa w33d???

Offline  LighT
Fly

im walkin on sunshine !
Whats so hard about to understand the text from Weed ?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Whats so hard about to understand the text from Weed ?

i don't really understand the UPDATET
the rest it's pretty clear

Offline  LighT
Fly

im walkin on sunshine !
well we all know weed's english is not the best but you know what he means when you talk with him

or its just me because i know him a long time haha

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC