Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I use less LDR and limit HDR in Hammer?  (Read 231 times)
Maggot

Need a hand with some lighting, Im already at 66% LDR in my map, Ive only tried to increase lightscale so far and that didnt do a thing for size. :|

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Hammer Tutorial V2 Series #8 "Complete Lighting Tutorial" Small | Large

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Need a hand with some lighting, Im already at 66% LDR in my map, Ive only tried to increase lightscale so far and that didnt do a thing for size. :|
Don't worry about it until BuildVisLeafs fails to complete. Then just increase the lightmap scale for all your brushes until it compiles again. 16 is default, about 28 is the highest i've had to go.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Don't worry about it until BuildVisLeafs fails to complete. Then just increase the lightmap scale for all your brushes until it compiles again. 16 is default, about 28 is the highest i've had to go.

For your own amusement you can take faces with monotonic lighting (i.e the undersides of walkways, faces too deep underwater for people to see anyway, etc) and turn up the lightmap to 4096 or 2048. The luxels become enormous.

Maggot

Thanks guys~

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC