Forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: Beginnings 2013  (Read 8225 times)
Fly

Just call me trey
A few questions about grimace:

1) Where is the timer reset, I looked but I can't find anything
2) Is it alright to use hurtme before the run if I don't use more than 2 stickies? I keep dying on doubles, sometimes even without fall damage and it's really annoying

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

2) Is it alright to use hurtme before the run if I don't use more than 2 stickies? I keep dying on doubles, sometimes even without fall damage and it's really annoying

1-just fall off the edge at the start
2-the rules strictly forbid the use of the hurtme command

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

I have not known such frustration as having my best run yet and then spending 3 full minutes on the last fucking jump.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

you die on double stickies with mp_falldamage 0?

Rocketeer

You can't die from a double sticky without falldamage.
Try it yourself. Put 2 on the ground and crouch right above it and detonate them, you have 3 hp.

---------------------------

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Try it yourself. Put 2 on the ground and crouch right above it and detonate them, you have 3 hp.

You can die from 2 stickies. They do more damage if youre slightly above the ground (cause the center of the sticky is closer to your hitbox I guess...).

Edit: I mean closer to the surface of your hitbox.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:44:20 AM by QuBA »

Soldier

Hi

You can die from 2 stickies. They do more damage if youre slightly above the ground (cause the center of the sticky is closer to your hitbox I guess...).

lol

Hi

Rocketeer

Hmm, ye.
I was wrong.
Interesting.

Fly

Just call me trey
It could have been a bounce too, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the fall damage sound.

Yes, because mp_falldamage 0 doesn't prevent fall damage

Offline  RNC1839
Maggot

It could have been a bounce too, but I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the fall damage sound.

uhh...

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mp_falldamage

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

uhh...

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Mp_falldamage

nah, treynolds is right, it's another derelict variable in tf2 that does nothing

Offline  Rokio
Maggot

Easier way to do void 14?

jump_void jump 14 syncs

It's slower than getting it right the first time; but sometimes it saves me on this jump that I'm extra terrible at....

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Do what you want, but that looks way more difficult.  If you can figure out the timing for telesyncs, you can figure out what height to shoot off the first wall and where to left wall jump to do it right on the first jump.

Offline  Rokio
Maggot

If you can figure out the timing for telesyncs, you can figure out what height to shoot off the first wall and where to left wall jump to do it right on the first jump.

You'd think so, wouldn't you...

Some of the time I can get it no problem, but other times it takes several attempts.  I like that the map has multiple options for most jumps in any case.

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

If you can figure out the timing for telesyncs, you can figure out what height to shoot off the first wall and where to left wall jump to do it right on the first jump.

You'd think so, wouldn't you...

Some of the time I can get it no problem, but other times it takes several attempts.  I like that the map has multiple options for most jumps in any case.

In the first jump, if you just aim slightly further ahead on the left wall portion you'll clear the jump no problem.  I only need 2 rockets on the left wall, and a couple times I've gone past the start of the next jump.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC