Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jump trick names?  (Read 1636 times)
Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i've seen/noticed people using certain names for certain things/techniques, like doublerj, skip, pogo and so on
and i kinda wondered how many names we have for different techniques,
and wether or not, american/euro/aussie? have different names for the same things.

so ye, names/techs i can think of off the top of my head:

Rocket Jump (no shit ey :P ) (stickyjump for demo)
Pogo (no touching ground, staying just in air by riding the explosions)
Skip (touching ground for a couple of frames, before rocket hits, basically a bhop rocketjump, but people like to call it differently)
Double/Triple/Quadruple/Quintuple/etc rj
Wall Pogo (riding explosions on wall)
(Pogo up/down? (seperate technique?))

Juggling/Midair Stickyjumping(?) or would that be called airpogo?

any more? or only variations of the above? (like doubleskip, or doublewallpogo)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:29:18 AM by CrancK »

---------------------------

img  rush
i've seen/noticed people using certain names for certain things/techniques, like doublerj, skip, pogo and so on
and i kinda wondered how many names we have for different techniques,
and wether or not, american/euro/aussie? have different names for the same things.

so ye, names/techs i can think of off the top of my head:

Rocket Jump (no shit ey :P ) (stickyjump for demo)
Pogo
Skip
Double/Triple/Quadruple/Quintuple/etc rj
Wall Pogo
(Pogo up/down? (seperate technique?))

Juggling/Midair Stickyjumping(?) or would that be called airpogo?

any more? or only variations of the above? (like doubleskip, or doublewallpogo)

Juggling/Midair Stickyjumping(?) or would that be called airpogo? For us damn Americans it would be air pogo! :P Also we have some called speed shot (soldier jumping) what's the difference in that, and uh skip.. I think they're the same damn thing, but others say otherwise :(
-Skip, rj off a plat for another plat
-Speed shot: rj off a plat to another plat, but you can't touch it?

Someone else could explain it better :P

Soldier

m3thskiLL
for soldier

rj/rocketjump - shoot a rocket at the ground, it explodes and boosts you. using jump and crouch makes you go higher/further.
walljump - when you rocket jump off a wall instead of the ground. also used for rocket jumps off walls after the original RJ.
wallshots - rocket jumps after the first one where you shoot off walls.

pogo - holding yourself up with explosions from rockets shot at the ground (hold fire)
wallpogo - pogoing on a wall instead of the ground
drop pogo - is pogoing down (variations are single wall and 'double wall'/corner drop pogo)
wallclimb - is pogoing up, also used for rocket jumping up

skip - can be any kind of 'skip', including speedshots. some people consider skipping as only when you dont touch the ground tho.
speedshot - is when you barely tap the ground and skip off it, the timing is pretty hard but it gives you a huge boost.
speedpogo - pogoing with speed. usually called pogoing instead of skipping because you hold fire and there isnt a real delay between shots

double - when you jump off of two rockets that explode at the same time
triple - 3^
quad - 4x etc
syncing - anything that you sync rockets together for, like triple/quad rj's

other stuff:
airstrafe - turning in midair using strafe keys and the mouse.
waterjump - rocket jumping in water to get more of a boost than a normal RJ.
flick jump - when you do a 180* turn, rocket jump, and turn back forwards. (usually just called rocketjump)
ducktap/ctap - type of rocket jump that goes further than a normal RJ crouch/shoot/jump. considerably harder.
rampslide - when you slide up or sideways on a ramp, maintaining your speed
waterslide - pressing jump in the water to glide over it and maintain speed
edge slide - bouncing off the edge of the ground without any rockets
roofshot - rocket jumping off the ceiling
prefire - shooting a rocket which is going to explode/be used later
doubleskip - when you prefire a rocket then skip off the ground at the same time as your first rocket hits the ground.
double catch - same thing as a double skip, but used to start a pogo on the ground.
double wall catch - same thing as a double skip but when you do it on a wall to start a wallpogo
double walljump - when you prefire a rocket then walljump at the same time as your first rocket hits the wall.
glitch pogo/skip - where you get a really big pogo/jump off of ground that you cant touch.
spaced out triple/quad - when you fall and sync 3 rockets with a slight space inbetween them
circle skip - rocket jumping up and doing a 360* turn and then a speedshot.
backstrafe - airstrafing (turning in midair) while travelling backwards
surfing - sliding on ramps. usually used with surf maps and not as much in jumping.
boost jumping - term no one says (usually for skipping without touching the ground)
rocket surfing - weird term that can mean skipping or pogoing (jumping off an enemies rocket is the real meaning)
bhop/bunnyhopping - strafing and jumping every time you touch the ground to go faster/jump further. barely does anything in TF2.
airpogo - midair rocket jumping can be done by soldier if your rocket explodes on a teammate whos also in the air.
theres more variations like triple skip but ya

thats all i could think of

:P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:58:45 PM by wonderland »

Soldier

m3thskiLL
demo
midair stickyjumping = airpogo
juggling is only when you juggle someone else with your explosives
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:05:58 PM by wonderland »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
wow, nice, that's a pretty comprehensive list  ;)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Approve of the list.

Side note: is a double catch, as you termed it, actually possible and are there any maps that require it? I've never seen it, only doubles into wallclimb and doubles into skips.

And I'm one of the people that consider skipping to be not touching the ground, speedshots to be touching the ground for a couple frames.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
ofc double catch is possible. the only soldier map its needed for is jump_quake, its useful for some demo jumps as soldier tho (ice b2, nbn pro #2, aznbob #?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:10:25 PM by wonderland »

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
rocket surfing - weird term that means skipping or pogoing

Most people use that term for medics (or any class) using an enemy soldiers rocket to "surf" away from danger. I've also seen it used to land behind the enemy medic as a spy which is pretty cool.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
yea i meant its weird when someone says rocket surfing in a jump map. only stuck it in cause ive heard several ppl say it
changed the definition a bit
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:59:13 PM by wonderland »

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
ofc double catch is possible. the only soldier map its needed for is jump_quake, its useful for some demo jumps as soldier tho (ice b2, nbn pro #2, aznbob #?)

jump_joa also uses it.

Nice list :).

Offline  11
Fly

Jump Around!

jump_joa also uses it.

And jump_kilo.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
thought of the kilo one, but it doesnt really go into a pogo and its done without the 2nd plat half the time. so its more of a double skip by my def.
didnt remember jump_joa (still dont :()
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:00:36 PM by wonderland »

Soldier

jump_joa also uses it.

And jump_kilo.

and speed, or am i thinking of muffin...

Soldier

m3thskiLL
?? those are both demo maps, and theres no double catches
fuck off with the corrections lol
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:53:58 AM by wonderland »

Fly

Could we have this updated by someone who knows what they're doing.  Lots of time I'm trying to describe what I"m having trouble with but no one seems to use the same name for things.  It would be very handy to have a unified naming scheme so we can discuss them properly.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC