Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with settings ( Server & Map )  (Read 144 times)
Maggot

Hey guys, I just work on a map and I really want to have it goooood :)

1.) How can I build something in my map that avoids players from getting damage dealed by rockets ? ( in Q3radiant i had a nodamage texture )

2.) A friend created a nice texture for a sign i want to use, i've put it into mytextures in materials folder and attached it to a normal brush. For me it works fine, but if i send someone the mapfile, he just see these purple black Pixels. How can i fix that ?

Would be nice to get some tipps here :)

greets thrill

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Hello there

To prevent players from dying from rocket damage, cover your map with a trigger_hurt, and set the damage to -99999 (or some other huge negative number). Also if you didn't know already use func_regenerate on the areas you want the players to be given ammo.

To add custom textures to your .bsp, you'll need to use a program to pack them.
Personally i use pakrat. Just open it, browse your .bsp from your tf/maps folder, then press auto (it'll auto-scan every custom texture), the save the .bsp and it should work.

gl

Maggot

Hey X-Dias,

thanks for the fast reply, i will immidiately check this out =)

Func_regenerates are at every spot i thought it might be good there, but sometimes the delay of being regenerated is very long and especially when doing speedshots it sometimes hurts a lot ^_^

Ok can you tell me if it's possible to set up the Trigger_hurt on this way i will constantly have 200 health ? And where to place this Trigger exactly ?

And well thanks for the tipp with the texture it doesn't work so far, but I guess I did a mistake somewhere in this process. Will check this tommorow :))

I repost when I checked this out =)

bye and gn8
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:07:08 PM by thrillseeker »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC