Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Making Overheal Brushes  (Read 263 times)
Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
This is the shortened version:

1. Create a brush with the trigger texture, select the brush and hit Ctrl-T to tie it to an entity

2. Make the brush a trigger_multiple

8. Open up the properties window of the trigger_multiple, make the output "OnStartTouch", target "!activator", it will "AddOutput" to a parameter override of "health x", where x represents the players health that the relay will set it to.

<3

For jumps that require more than 200hp to do (quints, water triples, etc), there's a "new" way (I found it by googling) to give health mapside so changing loadouts/!superman is not needed.

1. Create a brush with the trigger texture, select the brush and hit Ctrl-T to tie it to an entity
3. Select the entity tool (Shift-E), make an entity and make it a logic_relay
4. Name the logic_relay whatever you want
5. Go back to the object properties window of the trigger_multiple, and go into the Outputs tab
6. Make an output "OnStartTouch", target the logic_relay and make it trigger the relay, set the delay to 0.1
7. Make another output, "OnStartTouch", target the relay again, and now set the "Via this input" to CancelPending, the delay will be the default 0.00.
8. Open up the properties window of the logic_relay, make the output "OnTrigger", target "!activator", it will "AddOutput" to a parameter override of "health x", where x represents the players health that the relay will set it to.

So yeah, when a player (the !activator) touches the trigger_multiple, it's trigger the logic_relay to give you health, pretty much.

:edited to include the cancelpending that i forgot:
I personally don't even know if the CancelPending will be beneficial in any way, but if you don't want to use it then the relay isn't needed I guess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:03:38 AM by Torii »

---------------------------

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

The way you described it the relay does nothing lol
(And it isnt needed in the first place.)

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
So how do you do it QuBA?

Offline  Torii
Soldier

So how do you do it QuBA?

I imagine you only need the trigger_multiple, I actually noticed it while writing the tutorial, so I guess I overcomplicated it lol.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

8. Open up the properties window of the trigger_multiple, make the output "OnStartTouch", target "!activator", it will "AddOutput" to a parameter override of "health x", where x represents the players health that the relay will set it to.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Dude I was just about to edit the op, oh well.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC