Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: First Ever Jump_Annex Full Blue Side Video!  (Read 1426 times)
Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Alright so normally I would be posting this cause I would leave that to the pros and admins and shit but I noticed there were just about absolutely no Jump_Annex Videos. (I think there are 3 in total)  So, since I have been wanting to make a video of some kind, I made one showing my recent victory over Jump_Annex Blue Side. 
Jump_Annex Blue Side Small | Large
   It's a pretty shitty video but it's the first more than 1 jump Annex video and I thought it called for a  posting.  It was also fairly laggy at the time (not sure if you can tell) which is why some of the jumps look sloppy, even for a scrub like me :(  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  It's my first video ever.  Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this here. But now maybe one of you pros will make a video of Annex? ;)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:26:41 AM by DiddyKong FTW »

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
gj 8]

However you know that there's a recorder in console, right? Use that next time and you won't have to deal with fraps quality :p

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

nice vid, i would love to see a vid of the red course :)

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

gj 8]

However you know that there's a recorder in console, right? Use that next time and you won't have to deal with fraps quality :p

I don't know how to put it into clips an all that.  Cause the original demo was 45 minutes long D: and I have no clue how to make clips out of it and stuff.  So instead I just took the clips where I actually beat the jumps by recording it with Fraps then putting like 15 individual clips in the video.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
It's rather easy. Either you do it manually with the "startmovie randomnameofyouchoosing"-command and have that run during the stuff you want recorded. Then when you want to end it you just type "endmovie" in console, and alot of tga pictures are saved in your tf folder which you can blend together as a clip with certain programs (it's possible to record directly to .avi, but that never works for me). You can also make it so that the demo ui record between the exact ticks you want, which is handy since the startmovie-command often creates a lagstorm when it's recording.

It's prolly easier if you just read up on it than me trying to explain shit I know too little of. :p
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934312
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Recording_Tools
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Video_Creation

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

It's rather easy. Either you do it manually with the "startmovie randomnameofyouchoosing"-command and have that run during the stuff you want recorded. Then when you want to end it you just type "endmovie" in console, and alot of tga pictures are saved in your tf folder which you can blend together as a clip with certain programs (it's possible to record directly to .avi, but that never works for me). You can also make it so that the demo ui record between the exact ticks you want, which is handy since the startmovie-command often creates a lagstorm when it's recording.

Thanks.  I tried searching for stuff about but didn't really know what to search for lol.  Very insightful information you have provided me with :)

Soldier

m3thskiLL
yea what i do is record a demo > set my game up (1280x720, host_framerate 30 [or 60 or w/e fps you want], graphics, remove cp icons etc) then startmovie "name" and endmovie to stop > open Virtual Dub, sync TGA files and audio (if im cutting stuff i do it here frame by frame) then make an uncompressed AVI  > open AVI with editing software (vegas/premiere etc) do w/e and encode (H.264 or XviD codec) > upload

or i just dont make a video cause its a lot of work (like annex)

dont try to go from the demo straight to avi like that tutorial said, it will crash or the video will come out fucked (like hadokk said)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

nice vid, i would love to see a vid of the red course :)

Fuck everything about #8.

Much of the course is fun... except #8.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
If you want help recording with better quality message me on steam, wonder covered the process pretty well but there's an easier way to record.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
ya you can use the pldx tool if you want^ its personal preferance tho
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:15:55 PM by wonderland »

Maggot

Raptorbones / Hobbes / Telewizard
To bad theres a new one ;)

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Jump_Annex Blue Side

MY FIRST VIDEO!!!  JUST NOW WITH GOOD QUALITY AND LESS SLOPPY JUMPS :D

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
much better gj

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
much better gj
X2

just one thing......there's a command to hide the rocket blast (can't remember wich)
if you use it, then people won't eve realise you have cuts in your vid

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

just one thing......there's a command to hide the rocket blast (can't remember wich)
if you use it, then people won't eve realise you have cuts in your vid
Yeah "r_drawdecals 0" does it, but i thought you had ti have it on while you are recording the demo (when you are actually do the jumps I mean), which I can't do in jump it because it's considered a cheat I guess, for some reason.  Didn't know it removed it if it had already been recorded.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC