Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_deserted_b1  (Read 1074 times)
Offline  Rob123
Maggot

jump_deserted_b1

Download (zipped - 11.4MB): https://mega.co.nz/#!JtcSSIaT!Y72kODZULLiVlmq9bPGyBBVcYT5I6wqkppnQcWa9Rns
Download (normal - 33.3MB): https://mega.co.nz/#!wt8j2aTA!J2yJqheWBf8X7sjXKxKpnQiPPaJcBn-gdsuapjdpqI4

Soldier pogo map (possible as demo). First TF2 map, thought it would be good to get some feedback for this first beta version. Designed to cover beginner -> advanced.

Notes:
- 35 jumps split into 3 courses (normal/speed/wall/down/corner pogos)
- 4 bonuses, 1 at each course, and an extra at the end of course 3.
- Bonuses were made to be much harder than the rest course
- Bonuses and final tele room are not decorated. Currently lacking the inspiration
- Happy to adjust jumps for a smoother skill curve, each jump can be made easier/harder with relatively ease
- Quite a few bounces hidden around the map

Pictures:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to add me (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rob_busch/) if you want to show me issues / give feedback.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:43:32 PM by Rob123 »

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Wow I'm seriously impressed if this is your first map. I pretty much have no complaints, it's really good for a b1. Good jumps with a nice skill curve, should be nice for all levels of jumpers. For being restricted to pogoing, you sure did make a good number of unique jumps, especially the bonuses. Gotta say I rly love that bonus4. Didn't realize it spelled pogo till I noclipped around and saw it lol. And thanks for keeping bonus3 playerclip-free, I'm rly feelin a trickjump opportunity there.

My only real complaint is this level in course 2 felt a bit too dark:
http://gyazo.com/f22939fdb0c9bde969ba55ea11c7a277

Maybe it's just me, but it felt a bit obnoxious. Could maybe make some windows for light if you're up to it.

Overall, great work, 10/10.

Edit: Are the potential bounces a good height? Or are they inconsistent. Tried a few, couldn't do em consistently, maybe I didn't have the right technique (tried jump+crouch).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:59:52 PM by Afterglow »

---------------------------

Maggot

Just signed up to say well done.   

I only got up to the first left wall corner pogo, but it looks like it has a really nice skill progression and variation. Will give it a bit more of a try later.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:49:37 AM by _simulacra_ »

Offline  Rob123
Maggot

Thanks! Also for the mapping tutorial, was the first resource i used to get started.  :)

I tried to brighten that C2 level, but I agree it's probably still too dark. Will fix in next version

The bounce heights are all good according to that spreadsheet that was floating around the forum. There's 1 walk-off crouch, 1 ctap then crouch, and a couple jump and crouch ones. Wasn't sure how much to hint at them, since the secrets in most maps get found out then shared pretty quick.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:47:58 PM by Rob123 »

Offline  rick
Maggot

great job on the map buddy

Maggot

This map is awesome <3
I still haven't been able to beat course 3 though, it looks crazy hard :)
But except for that the difficulty ramp up is nice and slow, like it should be.

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
couldn't you have made it earlier XD , i think every rocket jumpers biggest task to learn was pogoing and syncing as they require timing more than skill, great for any new rocket jumpers
Edit: Also the way youve set it out from course 2 so a person who already knows that certain thing they can then go onto course 2 but incase a beginner is like yeah yeah yeah he must know how to pogo from course 1   10/10
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 01:48:44 PM by CL4P-TP Steward Bot »

---------------------------
Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Maggot

Was diggin this map.. but what am I supose to do on level 31? I do the right wallpogo, then the left one doesnt go anywhere.. Am I suppose to get speed and make it to the right wall, cause that sand I cannot pogo on :L

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Wow, this is awesome for a first map. This will really help me practice wallpogos.

edit (after actually playing it):
overall I REALLY liked being able to see the more complicated jumps, in jump 24 for example you can look around the corner from the starting block
I really liked 21 with all the possible combinations
that jump afterglow mention is really
jump 24 is really good, but you can jump over the first slope (maybe add block similar to the one on 27 that means you have to pogo idk)
jump 25 ceiling should be higher

then I stopped playing
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:55:59 AM by snufkin »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC