Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: omnific request  (Read 396 times)
Maggot

I wonder how many people would be in favor of omnific's timer being shortened to 45/40(/30?) minutes given how

- while the initial "woah sweet" hype that warranted the 60 has died down it's played very frequently*
- the ratio of chumps (like me) to superhumans who are capable of beating the map is very high; it's not like we couldn't do it because we're all very good (like me), but it might as well be a job trying to do so, and surfing is supposed to be fun :D!
- most chumps are really burnt out on the map as a whole, since this is an hour where we could be getting sweet times elsewhere, and we mostly spec the guy(s) who are beating the map instead of trying ourselves
- the booster!!!
- mash_up is still 20 and nearly as long (not really) and poor derpus still hasn't beaten it because he just doesn't have the safety of 60 minutes, the guy crosses his fingers that enough people press 7 and even has to get Bloody to extend for him but he just needs more time

*I realize if the timer's shortened then it runs the risk of being extended to death like classics, and everyone's free to blame me if so

SORRY DERPUS MB
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:05:37 PM by skip tracer »

Maggot

+1
if someone is getting close to beating the map and 30-45 minutes isn't enough I think most people would vote to extend anyways

Offline  Raffle
Maggot

:>

- mash_up is still 20 and nearly as long (not really) and poor derpus still hasn't beaten it because he just doesn't have the safety of 60 minutes, the guy crosses his fingers that enough people press 7 and even has to get Bloody to extend for him but he just needs more time

he's managed to beat it, took him 70+ minutes though :v

i didn't realise the timer for omnific was different, i assumed it was 20 like every other map

---------------------------

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Yeah I agree. Most people, in 30 minutes, can easily get to the stage they are stuck on and have a good 15 minutes to work on it.

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
I often leave surfit when it goes to omnific just because of the 60 fucking minutes >.<, should definitely be toned down at least 30 mins imo.

Btw, the surf community has been really active on the forums and I love it <3

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I changed it to 30 - I know the server is on the map right now and I dont know how long it has been there so I am not touching it... but going forward it will be 30 minutes.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

thank you klanana and everyone  8)

semper surfing

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC