Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_half catch (and catches in general)  (Read 372 times)
Offline  The BQE
Soldier

I've done one successful catch on a different map, but can't figure this one out.  I almost always get to the wall well before my catching rocket.  Is that supposed to happen? 

<edit>Another thing, how do I keep my catches from pushing me away from the wall?
</edit>

If someone could give me some pointers for this jump (perhaps even spec me or let me spec them?) I would really appreciate it.  I've spent too many hours on this jump to keep failing it.  ><

And in general, how do catches actually work?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:48:38 PM by The BQE »

Rocketman

Catches are mostly in the whatever up to the wall rather than the sync itself.

You need to get yourself to at/very slightly ahead of the speed of a rocket, that way when you hit the wall the rocket is hitting with you. On Half, I think this comes from two wallshots, ezpz. Other than that, to not be pushed away from the wall comes with aim. If you're pushed away, that rocket hit too high, or you possibly shot the wall in an awkward angle (aim as if to climb).

Floor catches are another story. These are really just about feeling it out. You have to get used to the speed and timing of your rockets hitting slightly before you do which is sort of like re-learning how to sync, as you want those to land after.

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Still not really getting the _half catch, but thanks.  =/  I'm not sure why I'm not able to make it work.

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Welp, another 30 minutes spent on that one jump, down the drain.  If I could spec someone who can do this jump or have someone spec me, I think that would be really helpful.

Rocketeer

sure, hit me up

---------------------------

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

sure, hit me up

Cool, thanks.  I added you, some reason you weren't on my friends list.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC