Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feedback on map in progress  (Read 457 times)
Maggot

Heya there,

I decided I wanted to continue to try and make a jump map as I have really been inspired by maps like mouser, yucca, momentum and others.

What I am looking for is feedback on this map (which is a work in progress) in which has 6 jumps so far. The difficulty I am aiming for is medium, so this isn't intended to be a "learning" or "easy" map. If you could suggest things I could improve on or remove it would be so helpful.

Also, I am specifically wanting feedback for jump #5 as I have had some testers say that the height of the first platform is too high for that stage in the map. So I am unsure about whether to change it or not.

Download link (unfixed version): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76690088/jump_ontra%5Bwip%5D.zip

Download link (fixed and updated version):https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76690088/jump_ontraWIP.zip

Any criticism is helpful...as we all learn by our mistakes :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:15:20 AM by Duskshard »

---------------------------
~ Best part of living is toying with the reality that surrounds you ~

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

Seems pretty good. Took me a few tries to beat 5, I think lowering the platform a tiny amount would be good. And your texturing for walls you can't shoot changed at like jump 5 you may want to be consistent with that. Also, put some more regen dawg I kept killing myself on landing platforms.

Am I the only one who is getting this?:

Rocketman

Broken water seems to just be a tf2 thing, not sure if its a mapping thing.

In order to stop people from killing themselves, put a trigger_hurt with value -5000 or so around the jump. That way they can get fast health regen without full ammo regen from a func_regenerate.

Maggot

Thank you both for the feedback. I have updated the original post with an updated version of the map. Much appreciated.

~ Best part of living is toying with the reality that surrounds you ~

Offline  Guyyst
Fly

I've not gotten that pink water once, if I just create a Cubemap for it.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
if you get the pink water thing you can fix it by putting mat_specular on 1

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC