Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: jump_lion_a4  (Read 2527 times)
Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Wooo!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neeeew update!!

changed skybox

changed light_enviroment

added overheal to sync levels

Changed jump 21 to a bonus (try and find it)!

fixed some other stuff

>~~~~~~~#[ https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpo14vzhv4v2kar/jump_lion_a4.bsp ] #~~~~~~~<

- Shunix <3!!!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:26:20 PM by Shunix »

---------------------------

Rocketman

Some minor complaints/questions:

I like the map though, nice job.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
danke kairu ill fix all this for a2

if anyone notice's anything else please tell me

Soldier

Hi
Map took me awhile but i find it funny how i spend 10 mins on 16 and 5 try 17 lulululu but 19 was kinda hard lol maybe im just bad XD

Hi

Online  The BQE
Soldier

skybox is all fucked up.  this is level 2

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
I have begun the connecting jumps process and may i say
 i am on the brink of suicide

Rocketman

I have begun the connecting jumps process and may i say
 i am on the brink of suicide

Do you really need to? Lots of good maps use teleport doors. You could do something like omnific if you really want them to walk through a tunnel, too.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
a2!

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
As nice as it is to have the jumps connected they really make speedruns worse. Some of the runs on tf2rjweekly spend literally half of the time jumping through hallways instead of actually jumping.

Offline  Nightin
Fly

I think that's the most interesting part, how people choose to get from one level to the other, it actually feels like a whole map is being run. With teleports you just have to finish the level and you're already at the next on and using the teleports to your advantage is a rare thing(huh's speedshot on redplanet, props). You could very well just watch a video where all the levels were recorded separately and it wouldn't really make a difference.

Rocketman

Timed teleports  ???

Offline  Nightin
Fly

no  8)

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
I think that's the most interesting part, how people choose to get from one level to the other, it actually feels like a whole map is being run. With teleports you just have to finish the level and you're already at the next on and using the teleports to your advantage is a rare thing(huh's speedshot on redplanet, props). You could very well just watch a video where all the levels were recorded separately and it wouldn't really make a difference.

Agreed, in a map with teleports it can be hard to get an edge over other people. With connected levels, you can really cut down on your time and in some ways the connections are just as important as the levels themselves. e.g. my 4 flaw of cheval is only 4 seconds behind adrian's flawless.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!

Agreed, in a map with teleports it can be hard to get an edge over other people. With connected levels, you can really cut down on your time and in some ways the connections are just as important as the levels themselves. e.g. my 4 flaw of cheval is only 4 seconds behind adrian's flawless.

^^ this

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
So am playing thru it right now...

1. The skybox is broken for me, it's just the void.

2. The long wall jump's tele gets you stuck in the floor, raise it up a bit. Also, no regen at the last part is actually really annoying.

3. The aviator water triple and level right after it (water double to double on wall) feel like they're put way later in the map than where they should be. And the level after those two feels poorly spaced, unless I wasn't doing it right (walljump, shoot rocket at rampslide, speedshot, double sync on rampslide).

4. Overall, the skill curve feels a bit wonky... Starts hard gets easier, then harder again, etc.

5. All over the place there's flickering textures from overlapping blocks.

6. Should number the levels also, and add a tele back to the last lvl at the cap point

But overall a solid map, some pretty hard levels in there.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC