Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rj_rckteer 1:20,013 secs WR?  (Read 1451 times)
Soldier

Hi
[ "most of the top times involve jumper, im not going to use the stock rj and have no chance? of beating #1"

this is bs. at a point where i held most of the #1 soldier times on all maps i never used and still dont use the rocket jumper
[/quote]So is under 1:22 possible

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  Burger
Maggot

For one this run is a pretty good run, but as far as WRs go for tf2jump there really are no standards or rules or anyway to really know if it is a WR(except when a run is clearly much better maybe). It might be nice imo if it were just purely vanilla, mappers can choose if you have infinite health or not (health jumps could even add to jump) but that's for another discussion. And yes under 1:22 vanilla is most likely possible especially with the route taken in this video which does not use some shortcuts at then end that require infinite health (been awhile though could be wrong here). So with rocket jumper maybe 1:15-17 (has not been recorded this low ever) is doable (1:10 or under with infinite ammo). Solid run still. WR? well currently hard to define this as the timer on the server and the clock on vegas are different.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:03:43 PM by Burger »

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
[ "most of the top times involve jumper, im not going to use the stock rj and have no chance? of beating #1"

this is bs. at a point where i held most of the #1 soldier times on all maps i never used and still dont use the rocket jumper

referring to just rj_rckteer. Regardless, tf2 speedrunning is a mess. I'm pretty much done with it, unless there comes a better system than skillsrank.

Offline  Burger
Maggot

also just came to my attention the record on skillsrank is 1:20.1 not 1:22 so its within the timer difference, so if there is one way to prove a wr its to do it on the same timer on the server. And yes speedrunning is a bit of a mess right now :(.

Offline  kawaii
Maggot

someone create a rank plugin like ksf surf servers' plugin

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
either way they have blown my mind

Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Regardless, tf2 speedrunning is a mess. I'm pretty much done with it, unless there comes a better system than skillsrank.

Skillsrank has been working pretty close to flawless for a while now (at least on chillout). What the hell would a different plugin change?

Offline  Burger
Maggot

Yea skillsrank its self is actually fine if anything its the database that could use some revisions. I think one of the only downsides of skills rank is less creativity on starts since the timer spots are so small so you have less options where to start. But in all it does what a timer should do, equally timing each player.

Soldier

Hi
So can anyone confirm that 1:22 and under is has been done b4 without rjumper and gunboats since dellort claims so
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:34:08 AM by fireballhat »

Hi

Soldier

Hi
If a server side plugin for skillsrank was available i would be able to do a legit time. Unfortunately, the only working one now is the mysqlite.

Hi

Offline  Burger
Maggot

ok after testing it some no way under 1:22 is possible on vanilla just too many spots where you have to stop jumping and walk to get health (believe the top 3 times are rocket jumper times, mine included). On another note maintaining hp actually made the run more interesting for me. It would be nice if there was a blacklist of certain weapons (rocketjumper, gunboats, equlizer, etc) or at least some way to show times that were done vanilla. Well this thread seems to be getting off track a bit now :)

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
ok after testing it some no way under 1:22 is possible on vanilla just too many spots where you have to stop jumping and walk to get health (believe the top 3 times are rocket jumper times, mine included). On another note maintaining hp actually made the run more interesting for me. It would be nice if there was a blacklist of certain weapons (rocketjumper, gunboats, equlizer, etc) or at least some way to show times that were done vanilla. Well this thread seems to be getting off track a bit now :)

Wtf? You've been on the server plenty of times when wonderland was doing runs around 1:23-1:24 with the stock weapons. Even I was doing like 1:25 a couple years back.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Ah lol thinking back on it those times might've been 1:3X.X, in which case the old stock record was 1:32 which at the time was very fast.

Offline  Burger
Maggot

Yea think 1:3x.x is about right, but hey even wonderland uses the jumper (it is kind of forced to beat times on just a few maps unfortunately). Maybe with a perfect frame per frame run you could do it close to 1:22 at least.

Soldier

Hi
i knew 1:22 was impossible with stock. My record for stock is around 1:30

Hi

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC