Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_hopstep_a3, jump 5  (Read 478 times)
Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Hey, I've been trying to finally complete Hopstep since it's been a long time since I last tried, and the whole map wasn't bad at all, but now I'm stuck at jump 5. I've heard ~creditable~ people say it's luck, but I've been trying for a abour four hours already and just can't get it, so there must be something I'm doing wrong.

If anyone cares, there's a demo link at the end of the post, not too long, but it might already show the problem. I mostly fail at the last bounce and hit the grey wall multiple times already, but it never was quite enough. Maybe an angle problem?

Thanks for any help!

https://mega.co.nz/#!h04XHZSL!AyQWAWq3IGgz6kTBGrZ9zg13pA9Dw_rVDYaCAHEvK0E

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
I assume jump 5 is the one with like, the orange cliff textures with the railway tracks, trains and traffic cones, with the stupidly hard ending speedshot.

I've only managed to hit that speedshot twice, ever. So if you can't do it for awhile don't feel too bad.

---------------------------

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

I assume jump 5 is the one with like, the orange cliff textures with the railway tracks, trains and traffic cones, with the stupidly hard ending speedshot.

I've only managed to hit that speedshot twice, ever. So if you can't do it for awhile don't feel too bad.

Yeah, supposedly the one that messes up any speedrun on hopstep..

Rocketeer

Do a double.

---------------------------

Fly

The one that is 2 speed shots?  Wouldn't say it's luck.

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Do a double.

Tried, but eventually I got it the normal way. That jump will haunt my dreams, though.

Rocketman

Best method is to walk back a bit into the wallway and do a quick skip to get a ton of speed.  Makes double speedshot possible (I think) otherwise gives you a bunch of speed, so hitting the speedshot should send you sufficiently to the end.  Otherwise, you can double.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC