Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Problems with getting points from medic runs?  (Read 698 times)
Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Last night I did 3 good runs on medic, they all registered but I quess I didn't get any points from them because my rank didn't raise at all.   ???

http://stats.tf2jump.com/player/profile/25978906/

Also do medic runs give less points in general? I'm in top 10 medics on all of my runs (or only medic time on the map/course) and I still have much less points than somebody with as many runs with demoman or soldier.  :-X

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:42:32 AM by Omertal »

---------------------------

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Skillsrank runs off a weird algorithm(i think)where you get certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the map and how fast other peoples times were i think because there are less medics doing runs you get less points for medic runs

edit: this is probably wrong^

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Skillsrank runs off a weird algorithm(i think)where you get certain amount of points depending on the difficulty of the map and how fast other peoples times were i think because there are less medics doing runs you get less points for medic runs

edit: this is probably wrong^

That's racist >:O

Did 2 runs on _shunix now. First and only run on the shorter course and #1 on the another which had only 1 time before that and I doubt I got any points from those :/

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Oh yeah and I don't think it's that much about the amount of runs because I ran adventure novice and beginner yesterday and they both have 10+ times. I think I should have got some points from them since I got #5 and #9.

I'm between 6954 and 6937 points so would be stupid to get like 1-2 points from those adventure ones or the other 3 runs on the maps with less times.

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Oh yes and I also got points from 4starters I think. I made both first A and B times and I think they are still the only times for medic.  ???

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Just did hopstep with medic and got #2: 0 points

cake_b2 demoman #40: 2442 points

What's with this?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 06:21:10 PM by Omertal »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i seriously doubt 40 medics ever speedran any map...

your not confusing it with the solly and demo times, right?

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
i seriously doubt 40 medics ever speedran any map...

your not confusing it with the solly and demo times, right?

No I'm not. If you mean the last message I meant #40 demoman time with demoman.

And I think medic runs should give even some points even tho there aren't many people doing them :/

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ah ok yes, demomen you can more easily get points cos the difficultyrating/amount of points for the jump gets preciser with each extra record.

Your points for medic are low now, because not a lot of ppl play medic, but if they did, then since you scale better vs 100s of ppl instead of being better then say 5 ppl, your points go up

Or put more clearly:

Basically your points are not static, your time is, and your time receives more points the more other times it beats

(However, since redwine made the algorythm, i could be wrong about some part of it)

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Okay :/

Still pretty dumb system if I don't get any points from a medic run with 5-10 times and then I get tons of points from demo/soldier run with lot more... Very unbalanced  :(

Rocketman

Adventure novice: 377th
Adventure beginner: 236th
Orange: 120th
Shunix I: 15th but almost 5x time of #1, very few times here
Shunix II: 9th, 3x, very few times
Hopstep: a decent time, 14th with average # times set.

Stopped here but assuming same pattern. Most of these aren't good runs at all (no offense), a 40th demo run on a popular map should be significantly higher rated than almost any of those. You need to put out competitive times to get a high amount of points.

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
So yeah no points from class specific runs? All points come from overall rankings on a map? Sucks because many maps are so hard or slow for medic  :(

And yeah I took those ranks from just medic ranks, not from all classes so they are pretty good runs... for medic... :/
(and that #40 from just demomen)

Good thing I atleast know how the rankings work now. Very unbalanced...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:53:59 PM by Omertal »

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
Would be really cool if there would be atleast another player rankings for each classes, not just overall times.

Rocketman

Medics are also as fast as soldiers on some maps/courses. It'd be near impossible to balance on a per-class basis unless someone went in to every single map with medic knowledge and gave difficulty ratings to each. Nobody is good enough and/or wants to do that.

Offline  Omertal
Maggot

Personal Text
And that is the reason why class specific rankings would be nice addition, since things are too difficult to balance.

Also sorry for my unknowledge about rank mechanics before I made this topic. I feel pretty stupid about this right now but rankings for different classes would be the best if somebody could do that. Please let me know if that would be possible.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:41:05 PM by Omertal »

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC