Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird pitch sounds while at offline maps  (Read 591 times)
Maggot

Hey, idk yet if it's happening only with j_ maps or vanilla too, but suddenly there are high pitched sounds while playing, shortly after there's a growl. Prolly there's is some corrupted .wav file, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Btw, I deleted some cache files that were created today (tf2_textures.vpk.sound.cache and tf2_misc.vpk.sound.cache), but after quitting tf2 and entering again, they pop in tf folder. Strange thing is that my rockets/stickies sounds are fine. Never happened this to me, any tips or thoughts?

edit - This is only happening with j_ring and j_ring2_a5 AND jump_heavy plus (prolly) other maps.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:40:08 PM by Vinilzord »

---------------------------
~ pewpewpew ~

Fly

Possibly, I get a strange high pitched noise when I have the game minimized and it joins a server sometimes.  However after the last patch I don't think I've had it.  Scares the f outta me.

Maggot

When it pops in the console "Saving [...] Team Fortress 2/tf/tf2_sound_misc.vpk.sound.cache" it is mandatory that this fucking pitch will be constant. Something I observed: it goes off randomly as I walk through the jump map, but at respawn, it doesn't go away. Deleting the goddamned file will do nothing, it redownloads if I play that certain map again ...

~ pewpewpew ~

Fly

When it pops in the console "Saving [...] Team Fortress 2/tf/tf2_sound_misc.vpk.sound.cache" it is mandatory that this fucking pitch will be constant. Something I observed: it goes off randomly as I walk through the jump map, but at respawn, it doesn't go away. Deleting the goddamned file will do nothing, it redownloads if I play that certain map again ...

That really sucks.  If it's the same sound I get that would be awful.  If you know the specific audio file instead of deleted you could try just switching it to another sound by renaming something else to match it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:21:54 AM by Super_Gabber »

Rocketeer

Sure its not the ''flying'' soundyou get when you equip the rocket jumper and sticky jumper?

Maggot

Sure its not the ''flying'' soundyou get when you equip the rocket jumper and sticky jumper?
Ye, I don't use s. jumper nor r. jumper

edit - Found out that when there's that msg saying saving blabla, there's another one on console: "Sound Emitter: removing map sound overrides [13 to restore]". Idk the hell it means, but may help you guys to understand my issue.

edit 2 - OMG, i reinstalled tf2, and now the sound is not a loud pitch, but similar to  a pyro humming, omfg am I cursed oh what ... jesus -_-
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:18:38 AM by Vinilzord »

~ pewpewpew ~

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
when that message shows up type 13 then press enter

Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Maggot

Sorry for such a huge bump, but I found out what the heck is this sound: regen/resupply sound. Few months ago I replaced that classic sound for a null one, because I found it really annoying oftenly. Someone in tf2jump provided me a .vpk file that works as the regular "resupply" sound, replacing it with a null sound. This is what causing this weird glitch, the null sound file. Any thoughts about it? This file is named as no-regen-sound.vpk inside my custom folder. During the firts weeks it worked properly, but now it is glitching with these weird pitches (even in vanilla maps!). So, at least I could clarify the hell was going on, now I gotta fix it. Hope this helps, cheers.

just posted same thing in official forums :c

~ pewpewpew ~

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC