Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Watching own demo  (Read 555 times)
Maggot

Hey guys, I've tried recording both using SourceTV and regular record command at console, though I can't switch from POV to 3rd person, and it was what I had in mind ...
Need to watch my airpogos as demoman to see what am I doing right or wrong during the jump.
From STV demo, I can't even go into 1st person view, it's only possible to see the map from a wide angle and nothing more, by playing the regular demo I'm stuck with POV and can't change to 3rd person or free perspective by using spec_mode.

I hope you guys understood the issue I'm describing.
thanks and xoxo, any tips are welcome

---------------------------
~ pewpewpew ~

Soldier

to switch in a stv demo into first/third person you usually use your jump key but if you have something like a duckjump script bind to your jump key then it will not work. make a config call it something like stvkeys.cfg and edit your things so that stv works.

Maggot

to switch in a stv demo into first/third person you usually use your jump key but if you have something like a duckjump script bind to your jump key then it will not work. make a config call it something like stvkeys.cfg and edit your things so that stv works.

by default SPACE is binded to spec_mode, which is the command that switches vision in spec ...
and as I use crouchjump script, to switch the camera I manually use spec_mode in console
btw, what is the point of this cfg? ;_;

~ pewpewpew ~

Rocketeer

With a normal (non STV-demo) use sv_cheats 1 and then thirdperson. Then you can use the commands +cammousemove (-cammousemove to turn it off) to move the camera in a good position. And +camdistance (-camdistance to turn it off) to zoom the camera in and out. I think these were the commands, give it a try.

Fly

Just call me trey
I find it easier to see when I just do the jumps in thirdperson. It's not that different from firstperson, and I can see instantly what's happening instead having to rewatch a demo

Maggot

With a normal (non STV-demo) use sv_cheats 1 and then thirdperson. Then you can use the commands +cammousemove (-cammousemove to turn it off) to move the camera in a good position. And +camdistance (-camdistance to turn it off) to zoom the camera in and out. I think these were the commands, give it a try.
I love you. It's working great, thanks
:')

~ pewpewpew ~

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC