Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wallpogo with original?  (Read 803 times)
Maggot

So I'm starting to learn about wallpogo, but it struck me that using the original, because of the centre-hand theres probably a different technique involved because you don't have to look left? I can't find any tutorials or even any videos of people wallpogoing with the original. Any help?

Offline  cough
Maggot

If you know how wallpogo'ing differs with the Original compared to stock isn't it just a case of putting in the hours? I always assumed wallpogo's with the Original is easier.

Soldier

Hi
Its the drop pogo that people seems to have trouble with. i guess u have to aim a little off to the left/right to drop

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

Its the drop pogo that people seems to have trouble with. i guess u have to aim a little off to the left/right to drop
I haven't tried wallpogoing with the original but I would agree with this. Aim your original in the centre to climb/save yourself, and turn it either left or right to fall.

---------------------------

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I haven't tried wallpogoing with the original but I would agree with this. Aim your original in the centre to climb/save yourself, and turn it either left or right to fall.

You can also drop just by pressing w less as opposed to holding it. I think it's best to learn wallpogo with the stock launcher as it really teaches you how to angle your crosshair and time your keypresses in order to stick to the wall, but once you get it down wallpogo with the original is really easy. I'm pretty sure I could comfortably do the squared maze with the original, it's a struggle with the stock launcher though.

Offline  duppy
Fly

There's probably no tutorial because it's simply a pogo where you're looking slightly forward toward the wall...while holding 'W' to keep yourself against the wall...camera pointed perfectly perpendicular to the wall.  That's only climbing straight up the wall though.

If you're trying to wallpogo horizontally, it's nearly the same as using the stock Rocket Launcher (video tutorial here.  Assuming a typical right wall, you look left ever so slightly, while keeping that same downward "wall pogo angle".  When you begin looking to the left, you'll notice you'll starting moving horizontally to the left.  At this point you're still holding 'W' to keep yourself against the wall, but you may also have to tap the 'D' key to slow yourself down.  Tapping 'D' will also help you stay against the wall like the 'W' key does.  Don't hold 'D' though...tap it about once every second, or about the same time you see the explosion.  Also, it should be obvious, but if you were wallpogoing horizontally to the right (on a left wall), you'd use the 'A' key instead of 'D'.

Wall pogo is mostly about very subtle movements of the mouse to change your angle in relation to the wall, and also knowing how to counteract the explosion that pushes you off the wall...as well as controlling your speed.  To become good at it, you simply have to practice, practice, and then practice some more ;)

BTW, I personally use the stock Rocket Launcher, but I did load up a map and used The Original while writing this, so hopefully it's mostly correct.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC