Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: local bhop  (Read 1350 times)
Offline  Ridley
Maggot

Hi. I was just wondering if localhosted bhop, similar to that of JumpiT's bhop plugin, would be possible.

---------------------------

Rocketman

Look into the tf2 dedicated server shit, and just run it from your PC. Once you do that you can install sourcemod/ja/whatever plugin you need. People can join while it's running, but if you don't port forward they probably won't be able to.

I did this for a bit with JA to get some engineer footage, but then christmas update hit and I couldn't be assed to update my server. Other people nearby me geographically (Aurora, proto, etc) also managed to get pretty decent pings on it.

Soldier

Hi
Look into the tf2 dedicated server shit, and just run it from your PC. Once you do that you can install sourcemod/ja/whatever plugin you need. People can join while it's running, but if you don't port forward they probably won't be able to.

I did this for a bit with JA to get some engineer footage, but then christmas update hit and I couldn't be assed to update my server. Other people nearby me geographically (Aurora, proto, etc) also managed to get pretty decent pings on it.
Funny how u managed the get the new JA which has not been released yet eh?

Hi

Rocketman

\Funny how u managed the get the new JA which has not been released yet eh?

All this and more can be yours for the low low price of 16 bj's.

Offline  Ridley
Maggot

I was hoping to avoid having to start up a server (because I'm absolute shit when it comes to anything technical), but I guess that's just the way it has to be done.

Is there any chance I could get a pointer to where I can obtain JA?

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
I was hoping to avoid having to start up a server (because I'm absolute shit when it comes to anything technical), but I guess that's just the way it has to be done.

Is there any chance I could get a pointer to where I can obtain JA?
Add rush, talk to him and ask him for the plugin, fast, ease.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
You don't necessarily have to make a dedicated server, you can install source/metamod and run from a listen server.

The only drawback is that you have to type "-insecure" in your launch options everytime you want to jump and you have to keep exiting and reentering TF2 to jump or play on servers, but then again, with the SteamPipe update the game boots up pretty quick anyway.

All you really need to do is to follow this guide
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_SourceMod_(simple)

Except instead of the download links they provided, you need to get the latest snapshots of Sourcemod and Metamod:Source
http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php (1.6.0-hg3921)
http://www.metamodsource.net/snapshots (1.10.0-hg839)

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
what about: Disabled plug-ins that would allow users to connect to secure game servers even when -insecure is specified on the command line

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

that also apply to local severs? cos it refers to playing plugins on clientside using -insecure

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

what about: Disabled plug-ins that would allow users to connect to secure game servers even when -insecure is specified on the command line

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned

That was just about plugins (OpenPlugin, idk if that was the only one) using some loophole to make you able to connect to VAC servers even with -insecure in your launch options, so dont worry about it.

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
You could use my bhop script when localhosted. It will make you jump constantly when holding space. But for getting speed from strafing you need for example offline dedicated tf2 server with sourcemod and then sm_svar sv_airaccelerate 150

New acc

Old acc

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC