Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump maps geared towards comp play  (Read 605 times)
Maggot

I'm relatively new the jump scene, and I've been working on some of the easier, standard jump maps. Basically, I'm wondering if there are any maps out there that take real in-game application into consideration in their design. I know a lot of standard jumps are in the beginning of a few different jump maps, but I'm wondering if there are any maps out there specifically designed to just help with typical in game application (mostly for bombs and rollouts).

Soldier

some maps:
tr_rollout (i think it was for both soldier and demo)
tr_walkway an Allrounder for everything.
and some other tr_- maps are up for bombing and rollouts but i dont know them namely.

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

Play the standard maps (badlands/granary/process/etc) and practice jumps with the infinite ammo script and a button bound to noclip so you can reset quickly.

Soldier

Play the standard maps (badlands/granary/process/etc) and practice jumps with the infinite ammo script and a button bound to noclip so you can reset quickly.

This basically. The best way to become familiar with maps is to just jump around them constantly. For rollouts, use the following script

Code: [Select]
mp_waitingforplayers_cancel 1
sv_cheats 1
sv_allow_wait_command 1
sv_lan 1
net_fakelag 10
unbind n

bind "r" "impulse 101"

bind "b" "mp_restartgame_immediate 1; wait 600; hurtme -160"

It will allow you to reset the map by pressing b and give you an automatic overheal. You might need to fiddle with the value of the overheal a bit since 160 is enough to give a demo 260 when leaving spawn, it won't be right for soldier.

If you want to become familiar with the map, infinite health and ammo and go nuts. If you want to plan for bombs though, do the following

Code: [Select]
bind x "hurtme -100"

with x as any key you want to give you the right amount of health so you can estimate the sort of jumps you can do when bombing in. With gunboats, health generally isn't an issue, but if you're going for insane bombs like doing a pogo rampslide on process, it can take more health than you might realise.

Maggot

These are some great responses, and I appreciate you guys taking the time  :-*

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC