Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drexen's detailing timelapse  (Read 1087 times)
Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Decided to make this video to show the process of how I go about detailing jumps, and more importantly shows the state of them when I'm testing at the beginning. The video is rendered at 10x speed, so it was roughly 4/5 hours of mapping. I was getting pretty rushed at the end, and could easily spend more hours polishing it.

TF2 Jump Detailing Timelapse

Here's a download link to the bsp and vmf:
https://mega.co.nz/#!mIQhCKKY!YyrPxEGp6P2DJsrSPHuwIQ1YztFVWANVzqmo2G8cJEE

And now for some info on the map. In the video I have custom textures for teleports, regens and hurts, but they're all just triggers in the uploaded vmf. Also in the vmf there is no trigger hurt. I regenerate the players health using a logic_timer, but this method will only work when there is only one client. You can also cheat the jump with just two stickies, but where would the fun in that be. And another thing on cheating, I didn't bother with player clipping, which you should always do especially when there are large amounts of displacements.

Special thanks to afterglow and dias.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:28:23 AM by Drexen »

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
well shit

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  duppy
Fly

Really interesting to watch, thanks.

BTW, when I was first watching, at the beginning it seemed like when you did the "displacement paint geometry" you were using the drop down menu to pick the X, Y and Z axis.  If you set it to "Face Normal" you can just alt-right click on the displacement to quickly set the axis...it's based on the surface normals of the original brush you converted to a displacement though.  Maybe you knew that already, I dunno, but thought I'd share that tip just in case.

Fly

video games
holy fuck i could only wish to do this well with props and displacements

and mapping in general

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Deja vĂ¹

Fly

Hi
Wow...

Maggot