Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump_half  (Read 1338 times)
Offline  LiuKz
Maggot

my first map, i hope it's good ^^

DL Link
: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jee5r885k4q5brc/jump_half.bsp

video: http://youtu.be/OGRBcHOd_3c

i'll make more version for fix and add something

Thanks to afterglow for his help

hope you enjoy

-LiuKz
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:33:27 AM by LiuKz »

---------------------------

Offline  trauma
Maggot

Gonna try this out...

Offline  trauma
Maggot

So I played most of the way through.

I was happy with the difficulty progression, its a good intermediate/advanced map imo which is great.

I thought that the pogo --> strafe was a bit easy for how far it was through the map. Simply because the strafe itself could be terrible and still succeed, maybe make each floor stick out a bit more to make the strafe harder.

The skip to slide? was a bit confusing. I think you put the lights on the floor maybe to direct where to fire as you slide up, but I was a bit uncertain.

The walljump to double to walljump was good. Personally I dislike blocks protruding from the wall, annoying to always run into the edge, but that's a common enough design choice so no real problems there. I did notice that it might be possible to cheat that jump by using the protruding wall block and a solid ctap, but I didn't really test that so maybe not.

I didn't finish the wallpogo, but it looks solid, as does the final quint(?) although the sync seems like it might be a bit low to me.

All in all it seems like a solid, not too long, map with a good variety of jumps that stay interesting without getting gimmicky.

Maggot

Nice jumps, although I thought they were slightly too big, or most of them at least. As in should you fail some of them it's a long walk to a tele or to where you jump from. Also that right side yellow wall at the bottom of the quint doesn't teleport like the other ones do.

The speedshot jump one can be Ctap'd, but that doesn't matter I guess because it's not easy anyway.

There was a jump that was walls with 2 slanted corners, maybe that one could/should have no regen as I did it with the 4 rockets.

Nonetheless a good job though.

Offline  LiuKz
Maggot

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll keep it in mind when updating the map.

@Trauma: The blue lights mark where you can shoot to more easly do the jump

@FiveEighths: i'll remove the regen ^^

Rocketman

The speedshot felt pretty precise compared to the next jump just being some simple wallshots

The double catch to climb could have used some sort of 'safe to go to other wall' marker, just a minor inconvenience though.

Also the autism in me: textures aren't really consistant.  Blue goes from the 'safe to touch, safe to shoot' to 'teleports you' then gray was safe to shoot.  Just me bitching, really.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
I think for jump4 the ammo regen came a bit late, but maybe you were just trying to make it so you had to be efficient.

Personally I think you really need the colour scheme to be more consistent because you don't know which you can touch/shoot through etc.

Other than that it's a nice map.

Maggot

Bob is the name
Lets try out this map c;

Maggot

Fun/challenging map. Difficulty progresses very quickly with each jump. Would like to see this map on JumpIt rather than JuJump.

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
great map

Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC