Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TF2Jump Multitool v0.1  (Read 656 times)
Maggot

Hi there people!
I've been working on this program for a couple of days.
Basically, it provides easy access to the important stuff here.
Also, it has a map downloader, which has all of the maps in here http://jumpit.site.nfoservers.com/server/maps/
All you have to do is type the map name, and it opens up your browser and starts downloading.

I'm also thinking about making an auto installer for the scripts or something.
What do you guys think?

http://www.mediafire.com/?az4gzb7n83t34n0

SOURCE: http://pastebin.com/eQdxUn12
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:32:39 PM by beef brother #2 »

Offline  duppy
Fly

Eh, what's the "important stuff here"?  And why would I want to download maps when TF2 already automatically downloads them?  I don't get it....what would I need an application for a web site and TF2 itself?

Anyway, seems suspicious to me.  I ran it in a virtual machine running Windows XP, and it said it's not a valid Win32 application.  Then I used two PE analysers and one said it's an invalid PE file, and the other found 4 "Microsoft Visual C++ 8.0 (DLL)" signatures.  Also ran it through a few online virus scanners and it was clean.  So it seems safe, but doesn't work at all for me.

Rocketman

An executable posted by someone with 1 post that does 'important stuff'.

Virustotal says its clean but I won't be running it.  Why do we need en executable to download maps? Surely that would require internet access anyway, so you can just have them use the website... or will you be packaging all the maps with it, because 171kb certainly doesn't do that.

Care to explain what this actually DOES though?

I SUGGEST NOT RUNNING THIS.  WE DO NOT KNOW THE PERSON, PURPOSE, OR HAVE REASON TO.

Looks legit :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:23:51 PM by Kairu927 »

Maggot

It's actually a .bat file, made into a .exe, so I don't know how it would do anything bad.
Also, It was just an idea that I had with the map downloads.
Yeah, I guess it is kind of stupid.
The 'important stuff' is actually just links to some of the posts on this website.
For exampe, it provides links for downloading ammo scripts and such.
I was thinking about making it auto-install it into your TF2, so it would be more useful.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:16:16 PM by beef brother #2 »

Rocketman

It's actually a .bat file, made into a .exe, so I don't know how it would do anything bad.
Also, It was just an idea that I had with the map downloads.
Yeah, I guess it is kind of stupid.

It's all cool to code for fun or whatever, and maybe if you said "Hey, I made a script to download specific maps" along with the source it'd be fine, but understand how it looks when there's a 171kb .exe by someone with one post.

Maggot

I've added the source code to the description. EDIT: just found out I can't post over 20,000 characters, so i'm sending it to pastebin.
I'm also planning on making an even more user friendly interface, and lots of more (useful)
features.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:40:47 PM by beef brother #2 »

Offline  duppy
Fly

*shrug* I think it'd almost be better to just make it a web site, since it's pretty much sending you to web links based on your batch file menus.  It's probably a good idea to mirror some of that stuff on another site anyway in case TF2Jump goes down for some reason.

If you were to make an installer for the CFG files/scripts, then yeah, go ahead and make a batch file.  Actually, forget batch files, check out NSIS...it's a simple scripting language to make custom installers...free open source, and made by NullSoft, which is who made the original WinAmp.  Shouldn't be hard if you know batch file scripting or some other kind of programming language.

Fly

Hey man if you want a project you should do something to manage scripts.  Something that lets you switch fast and easy that backs up originial and organizes new and old ones.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Imo you should be able browse what maps there are instead of typing in the name of one. People who are potentially going to use this the most are beginners, but they don't know what maps are out there. Maybe list them based on demo/soldier and difficulty? Would take a bit of effort and probably a better UI to make it tolerable.

---------------------------

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC