Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Better than intermediate?  (Read 347 times)
Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
There are a lot of tutorials around for beginner jumpers, which is awesome. However, it just seems quite difficult to become anything more than intermediate. To become the level of those in jump movies etc. Is there any way but practice or is it just that? If there are any great ways, can anyone make an intermediate tutorial or just some advice?
I agree with what wonderland said in one of his videos a while back, something along the lines of 'most jumpers get to a level then plateau'. How do you overcome this so called 'plateau'?
Thanks for any responses  :)

---------------------------
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Soldier

Hi
Pick map e.g. BAQu Play the shit out of it till u pass it

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  duppy
Fly

I think beginner and intermediate is mostly about learning the different jumping techniques.  To get to the advanced level you need to learn things like prediction, timing, angles, intimate map knowledge, etc...stuff that can't necessarily be taught, so practice is really all you can do.  You could maybe watch other good jumpers with /skeys on or whatever to refine your techniques, or ask them to critique you while spectating, but other than that, I dunno what else there is besides practice practice practice.

BTW, I consider myself intermediate...I don't really have the patience to get to the "advanced" level of jumping.  I do try to jump just about every day, but yeah, I kinda feel like I've hit a plateau, and that's also the reason why I decided to learn sticky jumping (harder than soldier, imho).  I've just resigned myself to having fun mostly ;)

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Learning the basics gets you from beginner to intermediate and I suppose going from intermediate to advanced is really all about learning and understand what you do exactly, and how you can improve your small flaws in order to become better at certain skills. This also means applying it to any map, so that means beginner, intermediate and advanced maps.

So the last step is just about understanding and improving your skills, rather than learning anything new. Even though this sounds simple, this can still be incredibly hard. Other players can give you tips, but they can't exactly explain how or what, because every rocket jump you do is different from another.

So, basically, practice. And teach yourself.

Soldier

Its all about practice. For my german tutorial i tried to find a good way to describe everything but you really need to practice it. See how it works and try to copy it. get friendly with the jumps so that you can do them mostly flawless. for me an intermediate jumper is somebody who knows all basics about jumping and can do most jumps flawless. experiences guys are that who tried alot to get better he found his special timings and can copy really fast. maybe try some maps that were made for demo or start with demo jumping.
take your time or be 11 (i think he was it) who practices till he gets it.
you cant come around practice.

edit: yami did explain it better then me :/ just too early to write good english xD

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC