Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Good intermediate soldier maps  (Read 1386 times)
Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Hello everyone, thanks for checking this out. So my problem at the moment is that I can't seem to find any jump map that is the right difficulty for me. I would consider myself an intermediate jumper. The hardest map I have beaten is jump_bomb. I really loved that map because it was the perfect difficulty for me. It was a challenge to beat. (My video of it here, Thank you bombs for the great map  ;D)
TF2: Jump_Bomb (Multi Angles) With Bonus - Soldier - Fishy

Could anyone please recommend some good intermediate maps or some tips to be better (or to improve my videos  ;)). Thank you all in advance.
~ Fishy

Edit: I have beaten cheval and heavy. I am at red 10 littleman. (for reference)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:23:39 PM by FISHY »

---------------------------
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
i consider myself intermediate soldier jumper aswel.... guess we're pals ^^

as intermediate, you should at least try every single map out there  8)

Rocketman

4starters D
Abuq
Annex red
Aridia
Ayers2
Elysium
Fear_redo
Foundation (First half)
Heaven
junk_solly
Littleman red
Mouser
Natural
Noob_a1a (as soldier)
Rook_beta
Silly_a12
Soar(only a few jumps are tough before bonus, can skip them to learn on easier ones if you'd like)
Style
Vendetta
Volcanic (as soldier)
Yucca

Soldier

jump_glow_v4
jump_legion_beta2

are some good jump maps too. try jump_ice_V4 with soldier (you will need regen script) some maps that are played with demo are possible with soldier too just try some.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
the BEST intermediate map imo is jump_heavy. Cheval is also great.

Soldier

Hi
Jump everest, facility, foundation(which i just realized wasnt that hard), kilo, are all quite fun to do

Hi

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
the BEST intermediate map imo is jump_heavy

this

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Thank you for replying, I'll try to make sure I give all of those maps a good go!  ;D

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
Littleman or cheval

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  bombs
Fly

glad you liked my map bud.

tbh im pretty surprised to hear people praising jump_heavy what with its very strange spacing and frustrating final jump but hey i guess it is good for learning.

like exile said cheval is a great map for intermediate jumpers, and its also worth noting that 'intermediate' might mean different things to different people. ipersonally i'd say that anyone who has gotten pretty familiar with the common techniques is probably 'intermediate.' that'd be stuff like speedpoogs, speedshoots, wallpoog, triple syncs, and advanced strafing stuff.

on the easy end of 'intermediate' we have maps like littleman blue, tholos, 4starters C, and sexydev and then as it gets harder we have maps like yucca, cheval, junk_solly, ayers2, natural, mouser, and i'm not sure if i'd say that heaven, rook, or style are intermediate at all, but rather advanced instead.

another point of interest is that 2 maps may be around the same difficulty but for completely different reasons. i have problems with mouser because it has a few downpoogs which im pretty shit at, wheras yucca has that stupid bastard moving platform to window jump that i can't stand.  i mean according to kairu here im a complete scrub if soar, littleman red, and annex red are 'intermediate' but there you have it, just goes to show its kind of subjective.

cheers

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:17:47 AM by bombs »

Rocketman

i mean according to kairu here im a complete scrub if soar, littleman red, and annex red are 'intermediate' but there you have it, just goes to show its kind of subjective.

cheers

I only say that because for the most part the jumps aren't hard or frustrating.  They make a bit of time to complete, but it won't be something like Sync.  I think 'intermediate' players could probably beat most of these jumps if they put the time in, but it's definitely the upper end of the intermediate scale.

Offline  bombs
Fly

.  I think 'intermediate' players could probably beat most of these jumps if they put the time in, but it's definitely the upper end of the intermediate scale.

idk man soar 16.... that jump had me stuck for months
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:11:56 AM by bombs »

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams

.  I think 'intermediate' players could probably beat most of these jumps if they put the time in, but it's definitely the upper end of the intermediate scale.

As salient famously said, "16 is where the dream ends"

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid

As salient famously said, "16 is where the dream ends"

Haha, can't wait until I reach 16, that shall be my goal, I'm currently on 13. Thanks everyone for the maps+tips  :)

Rocketman

Haha, can't wait until I reach 16, that shall be my goal, I'm currently on 13. Thanks everyone for the maps+tips  :)

13 is where soar starts to get tough, and may end up a bit out of your range, no shame to come back later. I know that back when I was still learning that soar13 gave me lots of trouble.  Now it's 16 that's hell.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC