Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Database  (Read 816 times)
Offline  EXC0
Maggot

Whats with the timer being connected to more servers, I think that allows for a lot of invalid times in terms of the stuff that I see on other servers. I don't think they have much concern for the times and that it should be limited to servers where people don't ask for teleports to the end of the map every 5.7 seconds.

Just my 2 cents but if anybody else has other things to say then just say it here.

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I think as long as the timer is running, all the 'settings' are the same on this server as on that server. I don't know, I might be wrong.

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

I know the settings are the same, but not if people / admins of other uncontrolled servers you know, change them.

Rocketman

I think as long as the timer is running, all the 'settings' are the same on this server as on that server. I don't know, I might be wrong.

I'm able to edit my gravity with sourcemod, and noclip, and the timer works.  And I remember that one time Lblock accidentally noclipped prototypes with the timer on to take #1 cheval.  These are very cheatable, and some very unknown servers showing up.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
well, the database tracks where ppl played the run, so if we find too many ppl on a certain server cheating, we'd just block that server

---------------------------

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
You can also use hook and timer will still work (#1 time on beef expert course is cheated via hook for instance). Honestly there are a bunch of things wrong with the highscores database that are of more paramount importance than this, such as sticky jumper being allowed and how slow/unresponsive the database can be. We can tell if a time is definitely cheated (like if someone we've never heard of gets an extremely fast run), so I don't think it's a big deal... Unless people are sneaky about it and only cut out a few seconds or so, which is a seriously low move.

---------------------------

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
You can also use hook and timer will still work (#1 time on beef expert course is cheated via hook for instance). Honestly there are a bunch of things wrong with the highscores database that are of more paramount importance than this, such as sticky jumper being allowed and how slow/unresponsive the database can be. We can tell if a time is definitely cheated (like if someone we've never heard of gets an extremely fast run), so I don't think it's a big deal... Unless people are sneaky about it and only cut out a few seconds or so, which is a seriously low move.
Not wanting to revive this but already doing, SO i made a server with a friend and i managed to make a plugin that will stop the timer when certain actions are done such as goto gravity and hook, so thats not too much of a problem as everyone could do a quick research on allied modders and find it out.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC