Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to practice/get started.  (Read 603 times)
Maggot

So, im new, saw this website on several jump movies and stuff so thought it was probably worth checking out. Basically im pretty new to rocket jumping, i can do the basic stuff, and skip and pogo to varying degrees of sucess, but i have no idea how really to get better, whenever i try jump maps i normally get about half way through and sort of hit levels that are just too hard for me. I'd like some help as to where to practice how to get started, and also... how the hell do you rampslide? I cant seem to do it at all, whenever i hit a "ramp" i just sort of stop. So yeah random load of stuff, any help would be much appreciated.

Rowan.

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

Just jump a lot. If you get frustrated, just stop and try later, but when you try again later make sure to start from the beginning. I did this a lot with maps like Soar/Cheval/Littleman/Quba-series and slowly kept progressing.

I'm still pretty awful, but not as atrociously awful as I was when I started out.

Rampslides are just hitting a ramp with enough horizontal momentum.

Maggot

Right, thanks, i guess its like anything really, practice makes perfect.

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

Visit jujump it which has a whole bunch of beginner maps such as jump_4starters and jump_beef. You can get to the the server by putting this in your console: "connect 74.91.113.66:27015" keep in mind this is a NA server. Just put in the hours and you can only get better  :D

---------------------------

Maggot

Thank, i'll check that out, i've tried jump beef before, can't manage level 3 :(

Maggot

Well, the only answer is practice and practice and moooar practice ;D anyhow, i think watching an awesome jump on youtube and tring to replicate it after learning the basics is the way to go. It helped me out a ton to watch STAR_'s videos for inspiration, since they aren't SUPER hard but still cool. Go ahead. Experiment. and most importantly, HAVE FUN :D.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC