Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TF2 crashes on server connect  (Read 1857 times)
Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Hi, don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to hang on Chilloutzone for quite a while, but now, every time I connect, TF2 crashes without any error message when the game would usually start (after "client information is being sent" or whatever it is).
Other jump servers with the same maps work fine, any idea what's going on? I'd really to join you guys again.

Rocketeer

I think I remember you.
Did you already tried to connect before the server changed ip? Because I had pretty much the same problem when the server changed ip. I don't know the reason, but it seemed to solve itself after some time. Maybe I re-installed TF2, I don't remember it anymore.

---------------------------

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

I think I remember you.
Did you already tried to connect before the server changed ip? Because I had pretty much the same problem when the server changed ip. I don't know the reason, but it seemed to solve itself after some time. Maybe I re-installed TF2, I don't remember it anymore.

Not sure, of course I could reinstall (since I'm gonna finally get rid of Win XP sometime in the future), but maybe there is another way..

Rocketman

Possibly trying to connect to jump_volcanic in directX8? 

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Possibly trying to connect to jump_volcanic in directX8?

No, should be DX9, and it even happens on 4starters, cheval or anything else (I just reinstalled TF2 and tried to connect while Elyisum was on, same result - no error message and it just crashes when it's supposed to enter the game).

Edit: Yeah, it was on DX95, doesn't work on DX90 either. Could the server settings be conflicting somehow? I) can connect to other servers running the same maps fine.

Edit2: Whenever it crashes, TF2 writes a mdmp file, which I can't analyze (haven't looked into it yet), but it has the name "hl2_20130114_213859_1_accessviolation.mdmp", which might be a hint, but I have no clue where that access violation took place.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:56:25 PM by Shikai »

Rocketeer

i dont care!
mhhh i dont know... i dont have found any cvars for it and i have no idea why it comes on chillout server and other server not :-\

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

mhhh i dont know... i dont have found any cvars for it and i have no idea why it comes on chillout server and other server not :-\

Thanks for the effort, maybe it'll work when I've installed Win 7 - looking forward to jumping on some other map than 4starters 24/7 haha

Rocketeer

i dont care!
maybe just to old pc hardware for the noobish chilloutserver haha ... joke

Rocketeer

Thanks for the effort, maybe it'll work when I've installed Win 7 - looking forward to jumping on some other map than 4starters 24/7 haha
I play on Win XP, so that shouldn't be the problem. But hey, give it a try.

---------------------------

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

I play on Win XP, so that shouldn't be the problem. But hey, give it a try.

Hm. I just successfully connected after I defragmented the TF2 game files, the map is jump_bigbutt_b1 - no idea if it's temporary or if it works now, but we'll see.

Edit: Changed to sexydev and crashed again, pff
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:47:11 AM by Shikai »

Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Update:

Installed Windows 7, also noticed that my Antivir was reponsible for making Steam try to validate TF2's files at every startup.. and well, the server changed its IP. No idea what was responsible after all, but I can apparently join the server again B)

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC