Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where does the Demo Jumping gods practice airpogo?  (Read 1457 times)
Maggot

I like eating snakes.
Ive tried in so many jump maps, like final jump of jump_aridia and jump littlman level 4.

Could someone tel me the names of map that is suitable for Air pogo. Thx  :)

---------------------------
You guys should f*ck

Maggot

I would guess that as long as it's a big, open space it's fine for practicing. At least, that's what I've been doing. So far if I'm lucky I can only get 3 in a row though :/

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Go to any demo map that has been completed and upload to youtube, preferably in a first-person POV where the damage markers are visible. (like this
TF2 Demoman Jumping : jump_over (HD)
jump_over_beta)

Then try to imitate exactly what the jumper does. Repeat this until your fingers bleed. After enough repetition you will develop a sense for when/where to shoot your stickies, when to detonate, when yo tap s, when to crouch/uncrouch, etc.

Offline  LanterN
Maggot

Practicing in offline mode helps a ton, all of your shots are really crisp and smooth than they would online. Maps that are good for airpogo? Any wide open map that permits it.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
jump_over_beta lvls 5/6 copy EXACTLY (when I say exactly I mean exactly) what the gifs show. That's where I learned.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
I'm not a particularly good demo jumper, but I practiced by grinding cake_b2 for demo pogo-ing (nbn_b4b, air_beta2, etc and many other soldiers maps are great to learn pogo). I went to soar_a4 bonuses to practice uncrouched airpogo. over_beta is great for crouched, cos of the gifs and a lot of open space.

Fly

Sheep
try jump_what intel level , its posible crouch and uncrouch

Soldier

Hi
Hey guys i was wondering how to see your stickies in lawena as im trying to get the the same effect like freedom rain's egypt speedpogo to airpogo jump

Hi

Rocketeer

STV demo I think.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
STV demo I think.

this

normal POV demos don't show like that

Maggot