Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to pumpkin jump (on local server)  (Read 672 times)
Offline  duppy
Fly

Ever wanted to try jumping with those pumpkin bombs? I found out it's really easy, and pretty damn fun too.  No fancy server mods or anything.

Just start a local server by going to the developer console, and load any jump map (any map really)...

Code: [Select]
map jump_4starters_a9
Once the map is loaded, type this in, which will make your right mouse button spawn a pumpkin where you're looking and immediately shoot it, creating sort of a rocket jump effect...

sv_cheats 1
hurtme -999999999
alias +pumpkin "ent_create tf_pumpkin_bomb; +attack; impulse 101"
alias -pumpkin "-attack"
bind mouse2 +pumpkin

Note: To undo the bind after you're done messing around with all this, the default for mouse2 is
bind mouse2 "+attack2"
I mostly like using scout with pistol or sniper with smg.

Some things to try make it more challenging/fun...

try not to touch the ground, and just "pogo" through all the jumps that you possibly can

use a slow reloading gun, and don't spam pumpkins

increase gravity (default 800)
sv_gravity 1200
turn on thirdperson (firstperson to switch back)
thirdperson

BONUS:

Load up jump_annex_v2 and instead of making pumpkins, just bind a key to "hurtme -100" (smaller values blast you higher) and you get kind of a jet pack effect with just a small vertical boost, even in midair.  Personally I like to use the Pyro with any flame thrower weapon (just for the flame effect), in third person using these commands:

sv_cheats 1
alias +jetpack "hurtme -100; ent_fire !self ignite; +attack"
alias -jetpack "-attack"
bind mouse2 +jetpack
sv_gravity 1000

I dunno why it work that way on annex...gotta decompile it to see what kind of craziness it's doing.

Anyway, I was just messing around and thought I'd share.  BTW, nothing special is needed for this, just plain ol' stock TF2 install is fine.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

I've no idea why that bonus thing would only work on annex, nothing different in it.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC