Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: edge bug how to do it?  (Read 1478 times)
Soldier

hey i saw a lot of videos where someone slides over an edge i know it is called edge bug but how does it work and how can it be performed? got it sometimes but dont know how to do it :/

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
ask 11.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Soldier

ask 11.
if you cant answer my question why do you post something? i searched for it if you have a thead that i did not see post it or dont post anything.

Soldier

Hi
Yeah for a edgebug i think u have to land like really close to the edge of a platform like in red littleman 13 where it nids to be performed(Or you can cheat are use bhop XD)

Hi

Rocketeer

ask 11.
if you cant answer my question why do you post something? i searched for it if you have a thead that i did not see post it or dont post anything.
11 is a guy who can do edgebugs pretty good...

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
dont know if its what u mean but i do things like that for example on surf servers and on for example jump_rush with using bhop script (just holding space) and hitting edge of platform with some good speed with angle <45° and then its nice boost to horizontal speed... hope this helped but idk what exactly edgebug should be performed

New acc

Old acc

Maggot

its the same as in CS 1.6 no? there are a lot of guides how to do it on youtube

in cs 1.6 there was a bug called "wall bug" which u can do in TF2 too (u can cheat some jumps, wall pogos with it  ;) )

Rocketman

To me personally it feels like luck, but I can definitely see it being consistent.  (11, Xdias, etc)

Basically the gist is, you want the last couple pixels of your model to hit the last couple pixels at the edge of a platform while strafing past, or away from the platform.

It won't register you on the platform quickly enough to cause the teleport trigger, meanwhile since you actually touched you slow your fall without losing your forward speed.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
I don't know why everyone here is giving cryptic answers. Edgebugging is when you land on the very edge of a block and you slide off it slightly. If you do it right there's no fall damage sound nor do you lose any health. You can also edgebug on surfaces with teles on them. It's also not really luck dependent, you can repeat it consistently if you have good player control and can land on the very edge all the time.

It's the same as in cs 1.6 but it's much harder to do in tf2 when coming from a high vertical height. The more horizontal speed you have the easier it is, like on littleman red 13. You also have to be falling in the direction of where the block ends.

Like in this edgebug movie:
k3g & nobody - Fooling death

You'd be hard pressed do that stuff in tf2, since it's super hard to edgebug from falling straight down (though it's not impossible). You also cant edgebug from landing in the opposite direction like they do in the movie (maybe you can I'm not sure)...

Soldier

I do it quite a lot on the second sticky of the gullywash rollout, not sure why it works/how to get it to work.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I do it quite a lot on the second sticky of the gullywash rollout, not sure why it works/how to get it to work.

thats a nice example
you have lots of forward momentum and you hit the edge of the step

tbh, hate when it happens there

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
found edgebug video by Afterglow, maybe it'll be helpful

Edgebug on jump_rush

New acc

Old acc

Soldier

thats a nice example
you have lots of forward momentum and you hit the edge of the step

tbh, hate when it happens there

I like it, it means I still get to the door if I fuck the jump up enough to actually touch the edge of the step

Soldier

thanks for all that answers seems with some training little bit more possible.
oh and sry exile didnt know about 11^^

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC