Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Author Topic: Run of the week  (Read 20190 times)
Soldier

It sort of looks like the first few jumps have had small bits of time cut out when going into the door to the next jump/starting the next jump. That's just because Huh is awesome and has great reactions right?

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
It sort of looks like the first few jumps have had small bits of time cut out when going into the door to the next jump/starting the next jump. That's just because Huh is awesome and has great reactions right?

They're teleports that's why, not really functional doors.

---------------------------

Soldier

Based Huh.

Soldier

They're teleports that's why, not really functional doors.

Yeah they just looked a bit fast even for teleports. I guess I'm just slow

Rocketman

Yeah they just looked a bit fast even for teleports. I guess I'm just slow

When you run the map so many times that you've memorized exactly what's next and what you're going to do, you tend to take them a little faster :P

If you notice the speedshot he just gained speed through a skip with the teleport.  That's how fast they are, that they also conserve momentum.

Rocketman

ROTW #5 - EXC0 on jump_drexen

The intro turned out pretty shitty imo... that text looks super tacky and also seems kinda jittery on youtube.

Also recorded that outro clip with fraps and as you can see it's choppy as fuck, I'll have to look into it.

I used gamesound/hud/timer in this one, lemme know if it's better. I think hud at least is necessary for a map like drexen where there's no hp regen in between lvls.

edit: also I don't know why that sound plays at the very beginning of the video... oh silly vegas

overall just a sloppy rotw editing wise -.- but still nice jumping there exco... butterflys on the last lvl eh???

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:31:29 PM by Afterglow »

Rocketman

Seeing him not equalize in moments hes just walking forward made me cringe.

Soldier

I liked the timer and I felt the health at least is necessary in this map like you said

Soldier

Overall ppl's opinion differ a lot on the whole equallizer/gunboats/rjumper. A lot of the old school jumpers would consider using those cheating for a speed run. Im guessing most of the new jumpers could care less tho.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire

Overall ppl's opinion differ a lot on the whole equallizer/gunboats/rjumper. A lot of the old school jumpers would consider using those cheating for a speed run. Im guessing most of the new jumpers could care less tho.

Ya I'm guessing Exc0 was just doing the run the "old-school" style, the same as wonderland did in his pagoda and rckteer_adv runs on youtube.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

A lot of maps are impossible without either Rocketjumper/Gunboats/superman and it would be kinda silly to have different rules for every map so imo you should use whatever you want.

I just hope no one starts using the Cowmangler on speedruns lol

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

klunk~

Rocketman

ROTW #6 - Afterglow on jump_bomb

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
very nice  8)

just 1 flaw, right? (or did i miss one cos of darkmap?)

Rocketeer

very nice  8)

just 1 flaw, right? (or did i miss one cos of darkmap?)
Don't blame the map crank, just admit that you can't count.
3 mistakes total, two on 19 and one on 20.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC