Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Jump movie me and my frien made  (Read 1380 times)
Soldier

Hi
Inanimate - A TF2 Jump Movie

Shoutout to the community in Asia!

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
skillwise, very nicely done

as for the jumps themselves.... for me theres a bit too many jumps that have already been done before in jumpmovies, which takes away the exciting part of a video of getting to see new ideas.

though i'll admit that there are already soo many done, that it's not easy coming up with actually new things

all in all, i did like it, just wanted a bit more originality, but definitly keep up the good work and make more ^^

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Overall pretty bland.  Not really anything going for it.  It doesn't have really interesting or impressive jumps and there isn't really an fancy camera work or editing.  Just kind of uninspired, I mean you essentially have the same jump twice with the quads on Trix, three times if you count pagoda.

As Cranck said I understand it's a lot harder to be creative at this point, god knows I can't, but I don't really think that's an excuse to pass pretty crappy jumps off as fine.

WHO KNOWS I HARDLY EVEN JUMP ANYMORE

Edit: It's not supposed to be inspiring.  That's kind of the point of critique.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:36:09 PM by Diddy »

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

Hi
Thanks Diddy thats really inspiring

Hi

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Jumps do seem overall unoriginal, but at the very least it showcases your skill. As cranck said, skillwise it was nice to watch. Video quality was nice as well.

Personally I feel like jumps on jump_trix are really bland in general. "Oh let me just set up this sync and go as high as I can!" It just seems like there's no goal in mind, you just do some sync then land wherever. I don't think I've ever played jump_trix in fact... And I'd stay away from putting jumps the intended way in a movie, like lvl 5 on rebound. Also I could have sworn I've heard this song in another jump movie...

Overall enjoyable though, hope to see some more stuff from ya :D

Soldier

Hi
Hey thanks Afterglow. Honestly some of the jumps we did, we didn't know that some of them were already done. Like the Surf Sync at trix? Yeah well we saw somebody doing it on my server and we got the idea from there. The pagoda jump too, i had no idea it was already done in tears, although there was a different one in freedom.The jumps we thought off were mostly already done which kinda sucked and both of us have been Jumping for less than a year. I don't know about steele but ive only been jumping since June 2012

Hi

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
So fucking amazing ;) Especially that pyro scenes.

New acc

Old acc

Rocketman

Also I could have sworn I've heard this song in another jump movie...

Tears In Rain - A TF2 Community Jump Movie

Go to 4:39.  Sounds very similar, but they're different. Both are Stan SB.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Naw, Kairu, this exact song has been used before.

I enjoyed this jump movie, by the way.
Again, it isn't groundbreaking, but it was fun to watch.
Don't worry about the editing too much.
I don't like movies that overdo editing.
Good job.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  bombs
Fly

everyones a critic

its a fine video. double speedshot on tholos was nice. what some people have said is true, its hard to find new and creative ideas for jumps, but there are still a lot out there.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I may be the only person on Earth who enjoys watching those kinds of jumps, however unoriginal they may be.

I think they're neat.

Offline  HBC
Maggot

awk
MIKE's video of jump_what is the one which uses this music.

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

skillwise, very nicely done

as for the jumps themselves.... for me theres a bit too many jumps that have already been done before in jumpmovies, which takes away the exciting part of a video of getting to see new ideas.

though i'll admit that there are already soo many done, that it's not easy coming up with actually new things

all in all, i did like it, just wanted a bit more originality, but definitly keep up the good work and make more ^^

This pretty much. Nonetheless it was really enjoyable to watch. I liked the pyro co-op jumps, they were cute. That last jump on Badlands was pretty impressive I thought.

Maggot

not bad concidering some of the jumps have been done in other movies but in overall ncie job

Maggot

:D Real good! Very skilled and awesome!

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC