Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_detr - For the Pyro detonator  (Read 611 times)
Offline  Splerp
Maggot

Hai, as the title says this is a map for Pyro detonator jumping.

I couldn't find any existing detonator maps so made this just for practising on (both in making maps and pyro jumping); posting it here in case other people want to have a try / give feedback so I can become a better jump map maker ;D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr5d3avh3g1dn3p/jump_detr_v1f.bsp

Images if you want, they don't show much:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Finally!  I'm gonna give this a go and report back.

edit: A and B were fun (wish there were more of the beginner style levels though) and C seemed a little....impossible.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:49:54 AM by The BQE »

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
nice good looking map

Offline  Splerp
Maggot

Finally!  I'm gonna give this a go and report back.

edit: A and B were fun (wish there were more of the beginner style levels though) and C seemed a little....impossible.

Someone else mentioned they thought the skill gap between B and C was too big, so maybe I can extend B with slightly harder jumps and stick some more fun ones in A. Thanks for the feedback :3

nice good looking map

Thank you both for trying it out :D

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
so like... is it possible to do a jump with more then 1 shot? (without it just being a falling jump?)

cos if 1 shot jumps is all it's got then.... errrhmm... i'll check when im back from work i guess :P

---------------------------

Offline  Splerp
Maggot

so like... is it possible to do a jump with more then 1 shot? (without it just being a falling jump?)

cos if 1 shot jumps is all it's got then.... errrhmm... i'll check when im back from work i guess :P

I suppose there could be a long jump that has you jump to one block of water, glide, jump to the next water... or maybe some sort of bunny hopping where you can only touch the floor for a tiny section of time to jump again... but yeah, this map just has one shots. Kinda restricted but I blame the detonator ;D

Maybe I could play around and see if any of those jumps could work; do you have any ideas for other multiple shot jumps?

Fly

Hi

I suppose there could be a long jump that has you jump to one block of water, glide, jump to the next water... or maybe some sort of bunny hopping where you can only touch the floor for a tiny section of time to jump again... but yeah, this map just has one shots. Kinda restricted but I blame the detonator ;D

Maybe I could play around and see if any of those jumps could work; do you have any ideas for other multiple shot jumps?

Make it have an mvm station where you can upgrade the detonator fire rate?

Offline  Splerp
Maggot

Make it have an mvm station where you can upgrade the detonator fire rate?

That could work, but then the weapon wouldn't work as it usually does in most maps; could be useful for MvM jump maps though :P

Maggot

We shall overcome.
I liked the map for the most part. Only ones i couldn't do were C7 and C9.

edit: I liked the bonuses and the way you hid them
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:27:47 PM by X1acecombat »

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Help a brother out - how the heck do you get enough distance for c1??  I must have tried for like 30 minutes before giving up.

Offline  Splerp
Maggot

Help a brother out - how the heck do you get enough distance for c1??  I must have tried for like 30 minutes before giving up.
Shooting the floor gives you more overall distance than shooting the wall, and wait for the last possible moment to shoot, like after you're halfway off the edge of the platform or maybe more.

Maggot

Man I suck at detonator jumping. Haven't fully tested the B course, but A was pretty fun.

---------------------------
~ Best part of living is toying with the reality that surrounds you ~

Maggot

We shall overcome.
Only ones i couldn't do were C7 and C9.

I got them but C7 feels way more precise than some jumps after it. I was just doing C9 a weird way, it isn't very hard.

Offline  Splerp
Maggot

Man I suck at detonator jumping. Haven't fully tested the B course, but A was pretty fun.

I got them but C7 feels way more precise than some jumps after it. I was just doing C9 a weird way, it isn't very hard.

Maybe I can move C7 to the end, or take out some of the jumps afterwards and put them in B instead.. I'll think about it, thanks for the feedback

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC