Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: jump_underground  (Read 960 times)
Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
New map!

Short soldier map with 10 jumps. Intermediate difficulty, lots of fun.

Final version released! http://www.mediafire.com/?xavtr283t2qak8s

Thanks to:
-Cranck
-Cadsmar
-Dan Dead or Alive
-Exile
-Ancient Grandpa
-Afterglow
-ReMaXeD
-Krocket
-Drexen
-Any other testers I forgot

Changelog:
-Made 10 harder to cheat
-Added hidden bonus + tele back from cp area to the end of jump 10

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/GNl2F
http://steamcommunity.com/id/stampick/screenshots/

Video (credits to Tusic, thanks!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zklzc6QeUz4
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:01:34 PM by Stimpack »

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
why do people only do 10 jumps these days? :(

---------------------------

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

I didn't want to draw it out and have my jumps become uninspired D:

Fly

Just call me trey
Pretty fun map, with a lot of pretty cool ideas

- 2 wasn't that much harder than 1
- 3 wasn't that much harder than 2
- 4 had a lot of wasted speed there because you can almost make it to the other side with a single skip
- 5 was an interesting idea, but I would rather have seen a single wallshot to a lower-incline ramp. As it stands 5 is pretty hard compared to 4 because of the speed you need to get up the high incline without losing any to walljumps
- 6 was another level concept I liked. As far as wall-syncs go it wasn't trivial, the spacing is a bit weird but still doable
- 7 I really liked. Assuming I'm doing it right (double to triple), the landing platform is really easy to get to even with a crappy sync
- 8 was fine. I'm not sure if it's easier than 6 or I'm just good at doubled speedshots
- 9 was pretty confusing to figure out. I didn't see the inverted ramp until after a few tries. It was also really not obvious where the tele was back up to the top. The way I ended up doing it was a double sync on the floor, and then a prefire double onto the
- The gigantic walljump transition between 9 and 10 was really unnecesary...
- 10 was very open-ended and also very easy to cheat. You could stand on the terrain near the black flat bit and just pogo across that, or wallpogo the whole thing because you could shoot off the terrain walls. I'm not even sure I was going about the level the right way (double on floor, wallshot, wallsync, wallshots to end)

General stuff:
- Great ideas
- Really nice feel and look to the map, love the texturing
- Most of the spawn points were annoyingly far back from the edge
- Some of the levels just felt too open-ended
- Strange difficulty curve
- The chain fence texture for some of the walls you could shoot and land on was confusing to me
- Able to cheat a lot of levels by shooting off things you shouldn't be able to shoot (floor + walls in level 4, parts of the wall in 5, the angled pillars to the right of 6, walls in 7, you shouldn't be able to stand on the chain fence in 9, and you shouldn't be able to shoot pretty much any of the terrain in 10)

I really liked this map though, hope you'll fix it up

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
The difficulty curve being completely retarded is a byproduct of my trying to make easy jumps for the wide demographic of players that populate jump servers and then later abandoning that notion because making easy jumps isn't exciting.

For level 4, cheating it is just as hard as doing the actual jump and involves going out of your way to go to the side walls.

5 is easy enough that cheats don't really matter imo.

I left the cheat in on 6 because as far as the jumps go it's roughly equal to/harder than the intended method for 6 and takes longer.

As for 9, I wanted to preserve the aesthetic more than make it more straightforward, so I didn't label the area where the player could go to be reset (next to the chain-link fence). Standing on the chain fence doesn't help you on 9.

I wasn't aware that you could cheat 10 in that way; maybe I'll put a playerclip around those displacements.

I'm pretty sure you're doing all the jumps correctly
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:57:57 PM by Stimpack »

Fly

video games

because people in regular jump servers can't even do 3 jumps ! L0L

Maggot

i had SO MUCH fun playing it as a first run, really like rampslide/speedshots with sync and shit
10/10, gr8 job
:3

~ pewpewpew ~

Fly

Just call me trey
Ok well in the final version on jumpit, you can actually get behind the invisible wall on 10 on the side

I got stuck in there by accident wondering wtf was going on

Offline  bombs
Fly

dude this map is really really nicely made. good job. definitely my favorite newer map

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
this maps got a great layout especially how they're packed ontop of each other

Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC